• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Miwa's Dogs Action Manga to Be Animated

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kiriska

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 2:54 am Reply with quote
OMG FANGASM NOW.

SO EXCITED.

I'm only a bit worried about the fact that DOGS is an unfinished series...
Kougeru

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 3:19 am Reply with quote
sweet voice casts Smile, plot sounds actiony...can't wait
v1cious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 5:42 am Reply with quote
THANK YOU! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

i want so bad for it to be Madhouse, but unfortunately the evidence seems to indicate Gonzo Rolling Eyes.
mufurc

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 7:21 am Reply with quote
On the one hand, YAY!

On the other hand, argh for the voice cast. Yeah, Sakurai Takahiro and Ishida Akira are good voice actors but they're not made for the roles of Heine and Badou. I kept wincing through the drama CD and I so hoped that in case of an anime adaptation they would change at least these two. *sigh*

I'm also a bit worried about the staff... aside of Taniguchi, nobody seems to have an impressive resumé in the field they would be working now. Ah well, I'll just wait and hope.
hara

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 8:37 am Reply with quote
Linebarrels producer and Linebarrels writer?
Combined with the unexperienced director and a company nobody has heard of I don't see a bright future for this.
Splash

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:49 am Reply with quote
Whoa it's been years since I read the first volume of the manga... It'll be interesting to see it finally animated. >w< Wonder how the animation will be...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 12:54 pm Reply with quote
All I can say is... IT'S ABOUT &$%#ING TIME!!!! >:DDD I really hope it turns out well... I love the casting~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
bahamut623

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 1:03 pm Reply with quote
Freaking yes!!! The anime will obviously have to deviate from the manga a bit since there are only a few volumes of content. As long as they keep the style intact, I'll be very pleased.
Viz seems to sometimes license manga a few months before an anime comes out in Japan. It happened with Bleach, Black Cat, Reborn!, and now Dogs. Maybe there are others too. I'm sure it's a coincidence...but there could be something to it. Who knows...
Weazul-chan

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2008 10:32 pm Reply with quote
considering Viz and Shueisha are owned by the same company they probably have "insider information." they hear a Shueisha title Black Cat, Reborn, or Dogs is getting picked up for an anime they probably think, "well, that'll generate more interest. let's pick it up and cash in on that interest!"
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 2:03 am Reply with quote
Awesome news, I've really liked what I've read of Dogs. The second manga's name already spells out all the relevant points: BULLETS AND CARNAGE! Laughing
idrisfynn

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 5:12 am Reply with quote
YAY! I've been hoping and waiting for this. Please let it be good!
vashfanatic

PostPosted: Thu Nov 20, 2008 11:23 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Freaking yes!!! The anime will obviously have to deviate from the manga a bit since there are only a few volumes of content. As long as they keep the style intact, I'll be very pleased.

Or they'll only do what's been released of the manga and leave it at a cliffhanger, a kind of preview/advertisement of the manga...
nightjuan

PostPosted: Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:22 am Reply with quote
mufurc wrote:

I'm also a bit worried about the staff... aside of Taniguchi, nobody seems to have an impressive resumé in the field they would be working now. Ah well, I'll just wait and hope.

I definitely like Taniguchi as a director, but as a producer his influence doesn't really seem to do anything special as far as I'm concerned.

Still, that's just a supporting role so it's not like he's replacing the writer or director, the people who should be ultimately responsible for the show, which do seem to be rather unimpressive here.

I also don't know much about this series in general, so until the anime comes along that's pretty much it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1