• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sex Pistols Boys-Love Manga to Reportedly Get OVA

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TokyoGetter

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:22 pm Reply with quote
For several seconds I thought this was a hilarious, enthralling, and completely in-character cash in from the Sex Pistols.

Turns out that Glen Matlock has no place in this Pistols lineup either.

I await the debut of the Gang Of Four, Sisters of Mercy, and Ramoan-ing Boys Love series. Confused
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:30 pm Reply with quote

There are no words, but I can come up with a few.

First off, did some closet furry come up with this? I mean, seriously, this sounds like something one of them'd be responsible for.

Second, HOLY SHIT this guy can't draw, look at the horrible proportions on that thing I guess is supposed to be a human. Seriously, that's just sloppy artwork.
pat_payne

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:43 pm Reply with quote
TokyoGetter wrote:
For several seconds I thought this was a hilarious, enthralling, and completely in-character cash in from the Sex Pistols.

Actually, that was my SECOND thought -- my first though was "how many microseconds elapsed between Viz getting the license and them brainstorming new titles so that Messers. Rotten, Jones, Cook and Matlock wouldn't pull out the lawyers?"

Quote:

Oi! At least Matlock could play his chosen instrument... Razz

Quote:
I await the debut of the Gang Of Four, Sisters of Mercy, and Ramoan-ing Boys Love series. Confused

LOL!
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:57 pm Reply with quote
Here's some other upcoming BL manga with the names of rock bands of yesteryear worked in:

Judas Needs a Priest

Metallicock

Aerosmut

Alice Pooper Shoot

The STD Cure

Foo Fuckers

No More Limp Biscuits

Nine Inches of Nailin'

Pearl Necklace Jam

I could go on, but I'll spare you. Laughing
geishageek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:50 pm Reply with quote
is it really neccessary for all the posts above? i am very excited about this. This is one of my favorite BL manga and this is like a dream come true. Now I wish the author would actually finish writing it so we can have an ending.
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:58 pm Reply with quote
OK, OK...the concept of a sexy romance between males with animal traits raises the idea of carnal yaoi love to new heights with the bestial nature of its characters, bringing out the true nature of these confused and outcast members of society who --

*Sporf*

-- who must overcome the boundaries of love and species, and --

*Slight giggling*

-- find a way to express their wild lo --

Oh hell. I can't keep this up. I'm a heterosexual guy, do you expect me to say anything constructive? Surprised
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:34 pm Reply with quote
Wow it's like Tokyo mew mew only with BL.
This is pretty hilarious sounding, I might go buy the manga just for that but only after I get my copy of Pearl Necklace Jam Anime hyper
CCSYueh

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 6:57 pm Reply with quote
TokyoGetter wrote:

It's m-preg, dude. And gender change. One guy's mom can be another guy's father & guys can get pregnant by inserting a womb worm up there

As the bear couple do.

Does that erase all images of the punk band?

Quote:
how many microseconds elapsed between Viz getting the license and them brainstorming new titles

It's a Blu license(Tokyo Pop). Viz has no yaoi I'm aware of, just the near stuff like Descendants of Darkness. This one gets a bit more explicit than yami no Matsuei.

Quote:
Second, HOLY SHIT this guy can't draw, look at the horrible proportions on that thing I guess is supposed to be a human. Seriously, that's just sloppy artwork.

SHE is popular enough. It's a style that exists in BL & yeah, there are others who draw this look (more beefy) over the more commonly envisioned androgynous boys
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:32 pm Reply with quote
Apologies, I read the name as a male name...I know some Japanese gender-specific names but not all, sorry.

No offense to anyone who actually...uh, enjoys the series, but the dude who posted last makes it sound like horribly written fanfiction. I mean, that's most bad adult manga anyway, but oh GOD. This is just...yeah...um...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:50 pm Reply with quote
And there I was getting ready to spit on my tele. Sid Vicious and Johnny Rotten would not be amussed, but then they never were anyway. Razz
emilydastrange

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:18 pm Reply with quote
Unit 03.5-ish wrote:
Apologies, I read the name as a male name...I know some Japanese gender-specific names but not all, sorry.

No offense to anyone who actually...uh, enjoys the series, but the dude who posted last makes it sound like horribly written fanfiction. I mean, that's most bad adult manga anyway, but oh GOD. This is just...yeah...um...

Contrary to how the description goes (or how you interpret the description), it's not black bears (actual black bears) just going at it... they are people. It's a ridiculously good manga that's taking forever for chapters to come out so who knows when we'll get vol 6 here.

Plus it's clever, crack-filled, and always interesting. The art is ridiculously good, though definitely a style many would not take to, me being one of them until I actually read it (and now I love it).
Cait

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:01 pm Reply with quote
CCSYueh wrote:

It's m-preg, dude. And gender change. One guy's mom can be another guy's father & guys can get pregnant by inserting a womb worm up there

As the bear couple do.

Does that erase all images of the punk band?

It did for me. Thanks. Anime smile

But seriously, this title has been on my "get to it eventually" list for a long time. I only just got caught up with Junjo Romantica (which already has its own anime) and now this one is going to get one? Hm...

Last edited by Cait on Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:16 am; edited 1 time in total
saorren

PostPosted: Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:46 pm Reply with quote
great news for those who enjoy the manga, and let the boo-ers boo, not like it matters to us.

now i just hope they keep the cast... hm, or change it for the better, if anything, but that really depends on personal preference. and then it's the animation production... anyway, hoping for the best!!
Unit 03.5-ish

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 12:52 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Wow it's like Tokyo mew mew only with BL.
This is pretty hilarious sounding, I might go buy the manga just for that but only after I get my copy of Pearl Necklace Jam Anime hyper

Watch as rumors of Rumiko Takahashi doing InsideYasha and CLAMP authoring Magic Herm Raylurve follow hot on the heels of this one. =D

Oh man, I'm having too much fun with this one.
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Sun Dec 14, 2008 2:36 am Reply with quote
Not to mention code intheass and ouran high school whore club.
Why haven't I discovered the joys of making fun yaoi until now?
That's probably because no other yaoi is called Sex Pistols.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2