• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sunrise Indicates Possibility of More Code Geass

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
EricDent

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:49 am Reply with quote
Well I hope so! Of course I have not seen the whole series yet, but so far it is pretty cool!

It is not surprising since (so I have heard) there are at least 3 parts to the manga.

Plus it is pretty popular.
Oronae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:50 am Reply with quote
I can't say I'm terribly suprised. Anything that tops 20000 sales is bound to get a followup/recap movie/other cash-in of some sort. Hopefully it'll be something good and not just an excuse to help themselves to the contents of the fanboys wallets again.
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:56 am Reply with quote
spoiler[But he's dead]

spoiler[how can they do more after R2]

but i was wondering if they could do geass spoiler[sans Lulu]

-Gabe who today learned the spoiler tag and wonders what R3 might be like........... maybe a sunrise AU where Nunnally is the geass user Lulu is blind, and someothers switch rolls as well.....
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 11:58 am Reply with quote
Wow big surprise *not*
Well truthfully I think it's over at this point and it should stay over. It was cool while it lasted but well let's not pull a tenchi here.
lesterf1020
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:00 pm Reply with quote
I am surprised. If the official verdict on the final episode stands then there can be no continuation. Perhaps an OVA to explain some loose ends but I can't see anything else that would keep the spirit of Code Geass. How can you do more spoiler[without Lelouch]?
rankothefiremage

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
lesterf1020 wrote:
I am surprised. If the official verdict on the final episode stands then there can be no continuation. Perhaps an OVA to explain some loose ends but I can't see anything else that would keep the spirit of Code Geass. How can you do more spoiler[without Lelouch]?

spoiler[CC is still out there which means there can still be geass users made]

-G
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:06 pm Reply with quote
Excellent, looks like there's still a chance I'll get that follow-up I've been expecting (Lelouch isn't dead in my opinion, just in the world of C).

There's certainly still loose ends that need to be tied up. Chiefly the issue of spoiler[C.C.'s name] and the Institute. At any rate, I'm just happy to finally hear something. All hail Code Cashcow Smile
posterior_praiser

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:12 pm Reply with quote
Hummm well I'd like to see the direction that they'd take with this, despire it being an obvious cash grab. Personally, I loved the way the first season ended and could have left it there >D!!!
Aylinn

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:15 pm Reply with quote
Haven't all of you seen the last episode? Of course the third season will be Code Geass: Lelouch of the economy Laughing

lesterf1020 wrote:

I remember it was not made clear whether spoiler[Lulu is dead or alive. He may have obtained Charles's code.]

Besides, it may be an alternate story. I just hope that Sunrise have learnt their lesson and this new season, if it is going to be a TV series not an OAD or a movie, will get a late-night slot.

Last edited by Aylinn on Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:01 pm; edited 2 times in total
Big Hed

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:27 pm Reply with quote
Aylinn wrote:
Haven't all of you seen the last episode? Of course the third season will be Code Geass: Lelouch of the economy Laughing

Yeah, I remember thinking that too. The obvious conclusion is that Holo has a Code.
Sarukah

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:31 pm Reply with quote
EricDent wrote:

It is not surprising since (so I have heard) there are at least 3 parts to the manga.

But Code Geass is a series not based on a manga at all so I thought it's manga didn't have anything to do with it in terms of original or new material. Or do you mean that they've made more to the manga and might animate that?

Overall though, Code Geass was a great show and I really enjoyed it sans some things about the second season, but I don't really think I want to see a sequel for it or whatever it is they might be hinting at.
Ginrai1984

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:45 pm Reply with quote
oh dear lord,after all the crap they put goro taniguchi through and making him feel bad about how R2 entirely went down!

also were the rumors actually true that goro was fired as a director between eps 18 and 23?
504NOSON2
Subscriber

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:49 pm Reply with quote
rankothefiremage wrote:
spoiler[But he's dead]

spoiler[how can they do more after R2]

but i was wondering if they could do geass spoiler[sans Lulu]

-Gabe who today learned the spoiler tag and wonders what R3 might be like........... maybe a sunrise AU where Nunnally is the geass user Lulu is blind, and someothers switch rolls as well.....

Yea, that's how it appeared in the last episode. But, When C.C. was driving the carriage, who was she talking to? Sure, you could argue that she was talking to him from the great beyond, But, I think he was alot closer.

Oh, and ANN... You've pretty much my Christmas 8x better with this news. Cool
narutoismybrother

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 12:59 pm Reply with quote
Like I was telling people before Code Geass even ended, Sunrise will not let this franchise die. It'll end up just like Gundam.
Tenebrae

PostPosted: Thu Dec 25, 2008 1:09 pm Reply with quote
Well, when discussing Code Geass and potential continuations in the past, I've always been of the opinion that spoiler[Lelouch is dead] only for as long as marketroids decide otherwise. Or that he is like spoiler[the Schrödinger's cat: dead AND alive until third season / OVA continuation observes him alive]. Of course, taking the two seasons as a self-contained package it is pretty obvious that spoiler[Leouch is very, very dead] because the story demands nothing less but spoiler[him being dead].

And like already mentioned above, Sunrise might do a prequel / side story instead. In fact my money's currently on them NOT doing a direct sequel. The ending as it stands is a perfect ending for the series and generates tons of fan debate... then again this s SUNRISE we're talking about, they have the unerring ability to turn gold into lead with their reverse Midas touch.
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 1 of 7