• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Cencoroll Science-Fiction Anime Dated for 2009 Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Big Hed

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 4:40 am Reply with quote
Format's definitely what I'm wondering about. I'm guessing something akin to an OVA?
hara

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:00 am Reply with quote
I knew that Cencoroll was an independant production but I didn't know that Atsuya Uki was doing almost everything by himself. The animation in both trailers was on a higher level than you normally get from singlehandedly done projects (like Shinkai and Yoshiura productions).

I really am looking forward to this.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 6:38 am Reply with quote
Glad to finally here some more news regarding Cencoroll. I've been wondering about this one recently, since it's been a long time since I first watched the original trailer. I was beginning to doubt if it would ever be released, but now it seems we have confirmation at long last. The new trailer looks quite nice, by the way.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
melonbread

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:15 am Reply with quote
hara wrote:
I knew that Cencoroll was an independant production but I didn't know that Atsuya Uki was doing almost everything by himself. The animation in both trailers was on a higher level than you normally get from singlehandedly done projects (like Shinkai and Yoshiura productions).

I haven't watched much new anime, but from what I saw the Cencoroll trailer's animation was on another level to most other anime I've ever seen. It's Bones standard, beautifully detailed and fluid. I just hope the entire show will be that standard!

EDIT: Just watched the trailer again, I have to say that I think this show will be a labour of love =)
Jih2

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 10:27 am Reply with quote
melonbread wrote:
hara wrote:

I haven't watched much new anime, but from what I saw the Cencoroll trailer's animation was on another level to most other anime I've ever seen. It's Bones standard, beautifully detailed and fluid. I just hope the entire show will be that standard!

EDIT: Just watched the trailer again, I have to say that I think this show will be a labour of love =)

It's a film/OVA not an entire series.

Really glad to hear something about this it feels like its been forever since I initially watched the trailer and like one of the other posters I was afraid it would never be released.

Plus, this is a one man project?! Wow. Freaking awesome looking I really can't wait to see this.
Twilightmaster

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:25 pm Reply with quote
It's weird, but I really like the music they have playing in both trailers. Very unique, kinda digital, but still cool.
BleuVII

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 12:31 pm Reply with quote
Yep. This just made it on to my "must watch" list.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
I've been interested in this film for for a year or two ever since I stumbled across the website and looked at the trailer. Glad to see the project is finally moving along.
Proud

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 5:39 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
I've been interested in this film for for a year or two ever since I stumbled across the website and looked at the trailer. Glad to see the project is finally moving along.

Same situation here, although I'm extremely happy that it's seeing a release at last. Wink

Also, could anyone shed some more light on Atsuya Uki's background? And how in the world did he manage this production all by himself?
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Tue Mar 24, 2009 11:11 pm Reply with quote
Huh, I'm not really sure what to make of that. It's like the Pillsbury Dough Boy if he were a Digimon. I'm certainly intrigued.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Wed Mar 25, 2009 4:48 am Reply with quote
So....... like a giant Pokemon battle? Laughing

Actually, kinda reminds me of the upcoming Monsters vs. Aliens movie....
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1