• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Duplicate Persons.

Goto page Previous    Next

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2009 12:21 pm Reply with quote
Thanks, dormcat - your answers are satisfactory to me, as I'm fine with how the system is, as long I am able to understand how I as potential supplier of information ought to behave. (Hence my question about HOKIMOTO Yuki in my previous posting.)

What about reporting wrong name orders? Examples:
  • Ietomi YOJI should be Youji IETOMI, as both the given Kanji (family name 家富, given name ヨウジ) and this person's Japanese Wikipedia page indicate;
  • Yuu EMAOU should be Yuu EMAO, or actually Emao (stage name), and has the Kanji for her names (family name: ゆう, given name: 絵麻緒) in the wrong order, as indicated by her Wikipedia page.
  • Kyoko TSURUNO has apparently been merged with her former self, Mifuyu HIIRAGI. She has an alias of 冬(FUYU) 柊美(Hide-mi), which is a wrong split of her actual former name 柊(HIIRAGI) 美冬(Mi-fuyu) and as such useless. But that's not even an item where I could attach an error message to...
Persons in a cast list whose name isn't linked to their page are those who have this entry as their only database entry and thus are considered suspicious... right? Is that documented officially anywhere in ANN?

---------------------------------------------------------------------

Eiji YANAGIZAWA (no Kanji, no photograph, 4 cast entries, including Baki the Grappler and Crayon Shin-chan) is obviously a duplicate of Eiji YANAGISAWA (Kanji, photograph, 40+ cast entries, including Baki the Grappler and Crayon Shin-chan, Wikipedia page)

Koichi YAMATERA (no Kanji, no photograph, one cast role only) is a misreading of Kouichi YAMADERA (Kanji, photograph, 100+ cast roles), as 山寺宏一 allows both readings and both are credited for the same role "Yama-chan" in Tokyo Pig (TV).

Atsushi YAMANISHI and Jun YAMANISHI are both credited one minor role only, and both in the same anime, My Neighbors the Yamadas (movie) but neither of them has any reliable information (such as Kanji names) or a Japanese source. As there is just one plausible Kanji writing for Yamanishi which is 山西, I looked up the Wikipedia page for the Yamadas anime and indeed found a cast entry 山西惇 there (with a role specification of 役名表記なし... is that "unnamed roles"?), of which 惇 allows both readings of Atsushi and Jun. So I assume these are duplicates. (This person even has his own Wikipedia page where the reading of his name is やまにし あつし = YAMANISHI Atsushi but that page doesn't mention any anime as he's apparently a TV drama actor first and foremost. Another page confirming that a 山西惇 was actually participating as cast in the Yamadas anime, while not giving a role name there, might be http://www.ghibli-freak.net/yamada/cast.html.)

Tsutomu YAMAGISHI (no Kanji, no photograph, 2 cast entries, including Sakura Wars 2) is a misreading of Isao YAMAGISHI (Kanji, photograph, 20+ cast entries, including Sakura Wars 2; Wikipedia page) as the Kanji 山岸功 allow both readings.

Masataka TAKASHIMA (no Kanji, no photograph, one cast role only) is obviously a misreading (albeit not literally as the Kanji don't seem to match exactly) of Gara TAKASHIMA (Kanji, photograph, dozens of cast roles). The only cast entry was for Silent Möbius where I have cast information with Kanji, and that role (Mrs. Crom) was done by 高島雅羅 who did other minor roles in Silent Möbius as well.

Noriyuki TAKEUCHI (no Kanji, 2 staff roles as Key Animation) is probably a misreading of Nobuyuki TAKEUCHI (Kanji, 18 staff roles as Key Animation / Storyboard), as 武内宣之 allows both readings. (No Wikipedia page for this person though.)

Yuri YANO and Yuka YANO appear to be duplicates. Yuri YANO had no kanji but her only cast entry had a source at Allcinema where her name was given as 矢野由梨; Yuka YANO had an English source only but the Allcinema page for that anime has her cast name as 矢野由梨 as well, and after I had added both Kanji (as I found those many YANO seiyuu without Kanji somehow suspicious...) I found that they were the same. Allcinema even has a person page for 矢野由梨 that links to both anime cast lists (both of which are from the same year 1991), so this is obviously the same person; both readings are valid for her name but unfortunately she has no Wikipedia page, thus no pronunciation of that name... and not even the Allcinema page has Hiragana for that name...

Would there happen to be any page at ANN listing all persons with no Kanji names but a source for at least one of their roles prefix-matching "http://allcinema.net/" (which has Kanji information only)? Perhaps this would be worth an additional SQL query / ruby script as those entries would be rewarding targets for investigation: A reliable source is already given but not evaluated appropriately (i. e. available Kanji not entered here, and the Roumaji name possibly mistranslated because of this), which could be done with little additional effort in order to close existing gaps and find more duplicates.

The ANN encyclopedia has two seiyuu with identical kanji (森岳志): Takashi MORI (5 cast roles) and Takeshi MORI (2 cast roles, website). Given the long list of his projects on his website I believe this is one person, most notably because Takeshi MORI's Website mentions his contribution to Iriya no Sora UFO no Natsu which ANN currently credits to the "other guy" Takashi MORI. See also Wikipedia page for 森岳志 that lists a number of projects (009-1, Death Note, Solty Ray, One Piece) that are also listed on Takeshi MORI's website.

Even better, the ANN encyclopedia has three seiyuu with identical kanji (丸山裕子): Hiroko MARUYAMA (14 cast roles, birth date, photograph, website), Yuuko MARUYAMA (40 cast roles), and Youko MARUYAMA (1 cast role, 1 staff entry). All of which are possible readings of 裕子, so they smell a lot like duplicates.
Wikipedia has one person with these Kanji and confirms the birth date; reading まるやま ひろこ = MARUYAMA Hiroko, so I'd say stick with this one. Yuuko MARUYAMA has lots of roles but few important ones; yet, her lead role as Mokku (モック) in Kashi no Ki Mokku is covered by the Wikipedia entry, so she appears to be the same person with a misreading of her Kanji.
Youko MARUYAMA's two entries are not mentioned in the Wikipedia page, and as she's also a staff she might actually be a different person.

Which means that non-unique Kanji entries for persons aren't anything special in ANN, so that they aren't double-checked anyhow?
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Junko Nakata
Junko Kusayanagi (former name/alias)
Source: http://www.geocities.jp/lesvoixdesanges/vna/nakata/nakatajunko.html

The "Special Thanks" credit is probably someone else...
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 07, 2009 10:14 am Reply with quote
Masahsi FURUKAWA (no Kanji, 1 staff entry for Editing) is obviously a misspelled variant of
Masashi FURUKAWA (古川雅士, ca. 50 staff entries for Editing)

Saori ISHIZUKA (no Kanji, 1 staff: Theme Song for Fushigi Yuugi OVA) is a duplicate of
Saori ISHITSUKA (no Kanji, 1 staff: Theme Song for Silent Möbius TV)
Japanese Wikipedia page for 石塚早織 (reading: いしづか さおり = ISHIDZUKA Saori) lists her contribution to Silent Möbius TV, thus I entered the Kanji, Date of birth etc. for Saori ISHITSUKA. But this page also has a reference to Fushigi Yuugi, so these two entries are the same person.
Sayori ISHIZUKA (石塚 さより, different birth date) is apparently a different person.

Massaki HANAI (花井正明, 1 staff entry for Film Editing) is obviously a misspelled variant of
Masaaki HANAI (花井正明, 13 staff entries for Editing).
The Allcinema page for 花井正明 gives tons of credits and a reading of はない (HANAI) まさあき(Masaaki).

Urara IGARASHI (no Kanji, 1 cast as Nerilian Queen in Battle Athletes Victory) is a Kanji misreading of
Rei IGARASHI (五十嵐麗, 40+ cast entries for Editing) as you can find "ネリリクイーン (neriri kuiin) - 声:五十嵐麗" in the Wikipedia page for Battle Athletes Victory.

Yukitaka SHISHIKAI (no Kanji, 1 staff entry for Special Effects, no source) is apparently a Kanji misreading of
Yoshitaka SHISHIKAI (完甘幸隆, 1 staff entries for Special Effect) as 幸隆 allows both readings. (No Hiragana source for pronunciation though.)

Kaneuchi YOSHIO (金内吉男, 2 cast entries, birth date) has his romanized name in the wrong order, and is thus a misspelled variant of
Yoshio KANEUCHI (no Kanji, 2 cast entries).
The Wikipedia page for that person confirms the birth date and the reading かねうち(KANEUCHI) よしお(Yoshio).

Taichi SHISHIDO (宍戸太一, 2 staff entries for Background Art) is an alternate reading of
Taiichi SHISHIDO (宍戸太一, 6 staff entries for Background Art). (Both readings are possible, no source with Hiragana available.)
No page in the whole Googleweb produces a hit for "ししど"(Shishido) plus 宍戸太一, and not even Allcinema has an entry for this person!

Haremi MIYAGAWA (no kanji, 3 staff entries for Color resp. Paint) is an alternate reading of
Haremi MIYAKAWA (宮川はれみ, 9 staff entries for Color resp. Paint). (Both readings are possible, no source with Hiragana available.)
The Allcinema page for 宮川はれみ provides a reading of みやがわ(MIYAGAWA) はれみ(Haremi)...

Takayuki NEDU (no kanji, 1 cast entry as Security Guard in Tokko) is a Kanji misreading duplicate of
Takayuki NEZU (根津貴行, 3 cast entries as Guard in Tokko et al, Wikipedia Page with Tokko Credits).

Takayuki HIRANO (平野貴裕, 1 cast entry in Prince of Tennis) is a Kanji misreading duplicate of
Takahiro HIRANO (平野貴裕, 15 cast entries, Wikipedia Page with テニスの王子様 = Prince of Tennis reference).

Takehiro MURIZONO (no kanji, 1 cast entry as Unit Commander in Ehrgeiz) is a spelling error duplicate of
Takehiro MUROZONO (室園丈裕, 92 cast entries, including Unit Commander in Ehrgeiz, Wikipedia Page).

Takemi NAKAMURA (中村武己, 3 cast entries) is a Kanji misreading duplicate of
Takeki NAKAMURA (中村武己, 1 cast entry, Wikipedia Page, なかむら(NAKAMURA) たけき(Takeki)).

Takahiro SUZUOKI (no Kanji, 1 cast entry in Cyberteam in Akihabara) is obviously a Kanji misreading duplicate of
Hirotaka SUZUOKI (鈴置洋孝, >100 cast entries e. g. in Cyberteam in Akihabara).

Miho SAKAI (堺三保, 7 staff entries for Script) is a Kanji misreading duplicate of
Mitsuyasu SAKAI (堺三保, 7 staff entries for Script, Wikipedia page, reading: さかい(SAKAI) みつやす(Mitsuyasu)).

Yoshitaka KOUNO (no Kanji, 1 staff entry as Animation Director in Dual) is a different romanization of
Yoshitaka KOHNO (河野悦隆, 12 staff entries as Animation Director in Dual etc.).
The Allcinema page for 河野悦隆 gives the reading as こうの(Kouno)・よしたか(Yoshitaka).

Ryoji AKIYAMA (no kanji, 1 staff entries for Digital Photography) is a different (and inferior) romanization duplicate of
Ryouji AKIYAMA (秋山涼路, 7 staff entries for Photography).

ANN has no less than three animation directors with identical Kanji name:
Meiju MAEDA (5 staff entries, including Love Hina)
Akiyoshi MAEDA (2 staff entries, including Love Hina Again)
Akitoshi MAEDA (9 staff entries)
Given the potential readings (前田明寿 = MAEDA Akitoshi / Myouju / Minju) the last entry might be the most likely candidate for the correct romanization, both others are apparently spelling resp. reading errors.
But this Japanese page lists a number of animes (including Love Hina) for a person named "前田明寿 (まえだめいじゅ)" = MAEDA Meiju...

And then we have Atsuhiro TOMIOKA (富岡淳広, 30 staff entries as series composition / script; Wikipedia page; Atsuhiro appears to be the only valid reading for 淳広).
He is credited for "I Dream of Mimi (OAV) : screenplay" but Astumiro TOMIOKA (no kanji, 1 staff) is credited for the same, and thus a spelling error duplicate.
He is also credited for "Vandread (TV) : Screenplay" while at the same time Akihiro TOMIOKA (no kanji, 1 staff) is credited for "Vandread (TV) : Chief Writer", and apparently a kanji misreading duplicate (but see above).
He is also credited for series composition of Gokudo TV by his Wikipedia page while ANN currently gives the credit for "script" of this anime to Sumihiro TOMIOKA (no kanji, 1 staff).
--------------------------

Kouji WATANABE (渡辺浩司, 4 cast entries) is probably not the same person as
Koji WATANABE (渡辺浩二, 50 staff entries for Key Animation and 3 cast entries but none of these with a Kanji reference, so these might be assigned to the wrong guy).
To make that clear (and avoid warnings in the input form) they should be renamed to "Kouji WATANABE (voice actor)" resp. "Kouji WATANABE (staff)", especially because "Koji" with a short "o" is a misleading romanization for 浩二 anyway.

Last edited by Devil Doll on Wed Mar 18, 2009 9:59 am; edited 21 times in total
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, 2009 10:44 am Reply with quote
User Bisuke (who doesn't manage to get a posting through into this thread) sent me a PM that I post the following here:

Quote:
(Subject: Jo Carol Fernandez & Jill Fernandez)
They're actually just one person.

Jo Carol Fernandez is also known as "Jill" (her nickname).

Same voice actress.
Here is the source.

Someone please correct the error.
Akemi_Idaku

PostPosted: Wed Mar 18, 2009 7:56 pm Reply with quote
Hanako YAMAZAKI #50781 is a pen name of Noriyuki YAMAHANA #4618.

This is mentioned on the page for Yamahana and further confirmed here.
rti9

PostPosted: Thu Mar 19, 2009 1:51 pm Reply with quote
xuebaochai wrote:
Merge Juro Sugimura (13794) AND Shigerou Sugimura (25795) AND Shigeo Sugimura (54358) INTO Juro

杉村重郎 seems to be in the database as Juro Sugimura, Shigerou Sugimura and Shigeo Sugimura (this last one, I entered, waruine)
http://movie.goo.ne.jp/cast/93360/index.html

Cannot find a preferred reading, but Juro seems to be the preferred spelling in former ANN entries.

杉村重郎 is credited for all roles involving photography in the three ANN pages.
JMDB
Japanese Wikipedia
As xuebaochai said, Shigerou SUGIMURA and Shigeo SUGIMURA should be merged into Juro SUGIMURA.

I only couldn't confirm if the same person was really producer for Transformers: Robots in Disguise (TV). The Japanese Wikipedia lists the same name in the staff section, but seems kind of odd this complete change of task so many years later.
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Sat Mar 21, 2009 11:21 am Reply with quote
ANN has the following persons:
  • Tomo SHIGETA (no Kanji, 1 staff as Mecha Design Director for Gundam Seed)
  • Atsushi SHIGETA (重田敦司, 16 staff as Mecha Design Director for Gundam Seed)
  • Satoshi SHIGETA (重田智, 20 staff as Mecha Design Director for Gundam Seed)
Now there are indeed Kanji sources for both 重田敦司 (reading: Atsushi, Atsuji) and 重田智 (about 20 readings, including Satoshi and Tomo but not Atsushi), such as this page showing both names plus a Gundam reference but even if I assume they're siblings with the same profession this would still require an explanation for Tomo SHIGETA whom I suspect to be a Kanji reading duplicate of Satoshi SHIGETA.

ANN also has Toru SHIGETA (no Kanji, 3 staff as Key Animation for Gundam Seed etc.) one of whose sources is a D2_STATION page giving his Kanji name as 重田智 with credits for 原画 (Key Animation), so this person appears to be another Kanji reading duplicate of Satoshi SHIGETA. ("Toru" isn't even a valid reading for 智 but "Satoru" would be one of those 20.)

------------

Fushio TAKASE (高瀬節夫, 3 staff as Episode Director) appears to be a duplicate of
Setsuo TAKASE (高瀬節夫, 10 staff as Episode Director).
節夫 allows 8 readings, including "Setsuo" but not "Fushio". Both JMDB and Allcinema know this person but neither has a reading for him.

Yoji UCHIDA (内田祐司, 1 staff as Episode Director) appears to be a duplicate of
Yuji UCHIDA (no Kanji, 4 staff as Episode Director).
祐司 allows the readings "Yuuji" and "Hiroshi".

Rokutaro MAKABE (no Kanji, 2 staff as Screenplay) appears to be a duplicate of
Rokurota MAKABE (no Kanji, 12 staff as Screenplay).
Rokutaro isn't a Japanese name according to EDICT; Rokurota would be one, with the Kanji 六呂田.

Koji FUKUSAWA (深沢幸司, 3 staff as Episode Director) is a different romanization duplicate of
Kouji FUKAZAWA (深沢幸司, 4 staff as Episode Director).
The Allcinema page for 深沢幸司 gives a reading of ふかざわ(FUKAZAWA) こうじ(Kouji).

Tessho GENTA (玄田哲章, 1 cast) is a Kanji misreading duplicate of
Tesshô GENDA (玄田哲章, >100 cast).

Emi TSUNO (角野江美, 3 staff as Digital Paint) is obviously the same person as
Emi KADONO (角野江美, 3 staff as Digital Paint).
Unfortunately both readings are possible and those low-level animators don't have any reasonable sources anywhere in the web. But 角野 produces one more hit at ANN for Eiko KADONO while Ryunosuke TSUNO has a Kanji family name of 津野, so I'd prefer KADONO to a coin toss...

Nobuyoshi UMEBAYASHI (no Kanji, 1 staff as Cleanup Animation) is probably a different romanization duplicate of
Shinkichi UMEBAYASHI (梅林信吉, 5 staff as Cleanup Animation)
Note that D2_STATION provides different Kanjis for "this person" in two different animes, 梅林信吉 resp. 梅林伸吉... but both given readings would be possible for both Kanji versions.
EmperorBrandon
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 12:01 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

Fushio TAKASE (高瀬節夫, 3 staff as Episode Director) appears to be a duplicate of
Setsuo TAKASE (高瀬節夫, 10 staff as Episode Director).
節夫 allows 8 readings, including "Setsuo" but not "Fushio". Both JMDB and Allcinema know this person but neither has a reading for him.

"fushi" does appear to be a kun reading of that particular kanji, though, and a search on Google does seem to show that the reading "Fushio" has been used for that name. For what it's worth, though, "Setsuo" looks to be far more common and is probably the correct romanization.

I checked CCS and Sugar, which are the titles I own. Pioneer credited him as "Fushio Takase" in CCS and as "Setsuo Takase" in Sugar, so it looks I just entered them there as they appeared on the R1 DVD's. I entered the CCS entry much earlier though and I added the kanji in there (when I was looking over and comparing Japanese credits credits). I didn't recognize the possible alternate reading at that point and the kanji hadn't been added to the Setsuo Takase entry either.

The Nurse Angel Ririka SOS entry was by me, but there was no official translated source there (no R1 release) and I probably just went with the name I had seen in the CCS release there. The others on "Fushio" were submitted by other users. The Vampire Princess Miyu entry seems to be from R1 DVD credits (so he was likely actually spelled "Fushio" there too). The Hikaru no Go credit seems to come from a Japanese source, so it's probably going by a kanji-match similarly to my entry in NAR SOS.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 26, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
EmperorBrandon wrote:
The Vampire Princess Miyu entry seems to be from R1 DVD credits (so he was likely actually spelled "Fushio" there too).

That one I can easily confirm:

--edit--
imageshack link expired, re-uploading to Picasa

Last edited by Shiroi Hane on Tue Feb 16, 2010 10:33 am; edited 1 time in total
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
ninjamask

PostPosted: Sun Mar 29, 2009 10:49 pm Reply with quote
Source: 橘U子 (wikipedia japan)

These four persons seems to be the same:

* Uko Tachibana
* U-ko Tachibana
* Uuko Tachibana
* Yuko Tachibana
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:02 pm Reply with quote
Naoko WATANBE (渡辺菜生子, 1 cast for Gall Force 3) is a spelling error duplicate of
Naoko WATANABE (voice actress) (渡辺菜生子, 63 cast entries, including Gall Force 1+2)
as indicated by the Wikipedia page for Gall Force 3 (role: キャティ = Katy).
doc-watson42
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 12:27 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:
Naoko WATANABE (voice actress) (渡辺菜生子, 63 cast entries, including Gall Force 1+2)

Or "Catty" in the Region 1 translation.
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Apr 01, 2009 3:34 am Reply with quote
Devil Doll wrote:

You gave me the wrong link... the first link (#44609) goes to Yoji Uchida. Anime smile + sweatdrop And since it's misspelled, why bother adding kanji names for it? Anime smile + sweatdrop Anime smile + sweatdrop I've fixed it anyway.

EDIT: I just can't figure out what you're thinking. Yoji Uchida is a misspelled duplicate of Yuji Uchida (内田 祐司, #49194). Yo've added credits for the latter, yet you added kanji name for the former (plus an error report). Rolling Eyes
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2009 9:40 pm Reply with quote
Sorry for the wrong link.

As for what I'm thinking, please consider the order of events: Some of the entries you've seen I may have made before I noticed that this is a duplicate entry. It's not that I added Kanji names to a duplicate person - I added Kanji names to a person in order to find out whether it is a duplicate. And as I didn't know when you would fix that, I let the duplicate keep those Kanji names in order to make any later contributor using Kanji input aware of the non-unique person.
The more persons get Kanji names, the easier such duplicates can be found by other contributors later. Note that the person who enters the Kanji name may not have added any credit for this person (just confirm a credit and thus found out which Kanji name belongs to which person that was already credited for that anime but some other contributor earlier) - this is what happens during my contributions all the time, and actually becoming aware of this person a duplicate is more or less luck (until Dan will implement the uniqueness check for Kanji names right after editing Kanji name fields of a person which is why I suggested doing that).
I'm certainly not as good as you in handling duplicates, i. e. actually finding out which one is the real person. All I can do is point you (and other contributors) to entries that smell fishy. And unless I happen to falsely blame an entry for being a part of a duplicate pair (which would be a waste of your precious time), I don't think I'm doing any harm. And as the probability that two people with the same Kanji name and the same types of tasks being credited for in ANN actually are two different individuals is extremely low I consider it a good bet to question such cases, and enter Kanji names just in case there might be a duplicate with a very different romanization. Just as the one below (which Dan's Romaji-only based similarity logic sure has no chance to find):

Sachiko SHIBUTANI (渋谷圭子, 2 staff for Color Design) is a different Kanji reading of
Keiko SHIBUYA (渋谷圭子, 11 staff for Color Design).
According to EDICT, 渋谷 allows both readings Shibuya and Shibutani; 圭子 allows Kako, Keiko, Takamo and Yoshiko but not Sachiko.
The allcinema page for 渋谷圭子 has two credits for "Onegai" animes (which ANN credits Sachiko SHIBUTANI for) and gives a reading of しぶや(SHIBUYA) けいこ(Keiko).

Hiroki MATSUOKA (松岡裕紀, 6 staff for Sound Director) is a different Kanji reading of
Yuuki MATSUOKA (松岡裕紀, 12 staff for Sound Director)
as both readings are valid according to EDICT. The allcinema page for 松岡裕紀 has almost 20 credits for this person and gives a reading of まつおか(Matsuoka) ゆうき(Yuuki).

(And for these I didn't enter any Kanji name but thankfully some former contributor did, and me now entering Kanji credits make me notice the non-uniqueness of this name. That's exactly what I hope to happen more often in the future: Some people enter Roumaji-only credits accidentally creating the duplicate person, other people add the Kanji names for these persons, and finally someone tries to enter Kanji credits for such a person and notices the conflict.)

=======================================================

Yoshitaka KOUNO (no Kanji, 1 staff for Animation Director) is a different romanization duplicate of
Yoshitaka KOHNO (13 staff for Animation Director / Key Animation)
as I found KOHNO's Kanji name in the Japanese Wikipedia page for Dual which KOUNO's only credit refers to.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2009 8:42 am Reply with quote
Howard Claredon is actually just a typo. His name is Howard Clarendon.

If you take a look at the sources for the name sans N, all three of them attribute the roles to the name with an N. I went ahead and added those three roles with the right name, so the old ones just need to be deleted.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page Previous    Next
Page 50 of 143