• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: PMX: New ADV Licenses

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 2:42 pm Reply with quote
FIANLLY!!! UFO is licenced... now i dont have to dl' it off of BT... casue that takes FOREVER! Also the J_movie and K-movies that ADV licenced are good ones, cause i have already seen them
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 3:08 pm Reply with quote
I'm wondering how ADV is going to release the ova series. if I'm correct, the DVDs had an english dub...(Rockman/Megaman OVA series)
evilnekohilda

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 4:45 pm Reply with quote
Dark Water!! Yay for live-action :)
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Godaistudios

PostPosted: Mon May 31, 2004 5:18 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad we are seeing more live action movies coming over. It's a good chance to show some support for things other than anime, and I'm hoping there will be a halfway decent market for live action. If it works out, maybe they can consider some of the live action TV series too. I can think of a number of live action Korean and Japanese T.V. series I'd love to see released here.

As far as UFO Princess getting licensed, I'm slightly surprised. On one hand, it does look like ADV's "cup of tea" so to speak, so I can see why they would get it. At the same time, given some of the pedophile jokes, I'm also suprised it got picked up at all.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
OldBoy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 6:23 am Reply with quote
Unfortunately "2009 Lost Memories" is one of the worst korean movies I've seen - of all the movies, I wonder why they chose this one. Though the idea behind the story had potential, some of the scenes were rather unbearable to watch in my opinion. I didn't like the way Japan was portrayed, and I've never liked subtly induced overdoses of patriotism in any movies, regardless of their origin.

Oops.. sorry.. didn't want this to turn into a rant..

Confused
iamthatdizzy

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2004 1:29 pm Reply with quote
Godaistudios wrote:
At the same time, given some of the pedophile jokes, I'm also suprised it got picked up at all.

Sure, but they aren't THAT bad... meaning they aren't Michael Jackson/Cathloc Priest bad...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Ouatic7

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 7:07 am Reply with quote
I kind of liked it, though it is very nationalistic. I saw a sub which did not differentiate between when the characters were speaking Japanese and when they were speaking Korean and I wonder how ADV will handle that in either a dub or a sub as the language used is part of the story.
Lupin_333

PostPosted: Fri Jun 04, 2004 9:29 pm Reply with quote
The Megaman OVA did have an english dub, and from what I understand it was a pretty good one too (Hopefully a lot better than the English dub of the Mega Man 8 game).

I thought that the Megaman OVA was going to be released on the PS2 version of Megaman Anniversery Collection (which, by the way, will possibly be one of this summer's breakout hits).
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1