• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Gallery - Emily Warren

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pocky Monster

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:02 pm Reply with quote
Her artwork is very nice to look at~ I like it a lot.
I was a bit surprised,but it's good to see some BL art featured on here. Anime smile
Beryl7

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:18 pm Reply with quote
Since she is a fellow hardcore Muse fan, I'll forgive the BL work, ha ha.
care2care

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 7:19 pm Reply with quote
Her drawings are very well-drawin! If she were to make an OEL manga or an artbook, I would gladly pick it up Very Happy Muse and European Death Metal, eh? If I ever met her, I think we'd be good friends xD I always thought music ties people together ^^

Pocky Monster wrote:
I was a bit surprised,but it's good to see some BL art featured on here. Anime smile

I agree. You don't see that everyday
ladyvoid

PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2009 2:37 pm Reply with quote
True, her art is nice, but... that's all it is. Nice. From what I see, Emily'sart is just mostly character drawings in poses that aren't out of the ordinary. It would be much more exciting if there would be more movement, perspective, and variety in her artwork - you know, to push the boundaries a little. So her art is nice, but it isn't any different from alot of other Western artists that I've seen who have an anime/manga-influenced style.
Altorrin

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:15 pm Reply with quote
ladyvoid wrote:
True, her art is nice, but... that's all it is. Nice. From what I see, Emily'sart is just mostly character drawings in poses that aren't out of the ordinary. It would be much more exciting if there would be more movement, perspective, and variety in her artwork - you know, to push the boundaries a little. So her art is nice, but it isn't any different from alot of other Western artists that I've seen who have an anime/manga-influenced style.

I'd have to agree. Her work, while good, doesn't seem much different from the other people who are interviewed.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 4:24 pm Reply with quote
This is some awesome art. I like the Gothic Lolita because it resembles Princess Ai and that was an interesting manga.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1