• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The Gallery - The Art of Self Publishing

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cetriya

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:43 am Reply with quote
thats nice topic that you might want to dive into more. it is rediculously expensive to get a book printed like this about 10$ each and though it might be less if you do an initial print run of 1000 I dont think most people especially artists can afford that just yet on their own so a group effort is really needed.

The french do it a lot too. I follow a lot of blogs and it seems they really know what they're doing.

I've seen something colorful but not Mugeno.

How about another topic of artists groups? besides 'Half baked' I dont know of any other artist circles. I think its harder then what most think to get a group going
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 10:47 am Reply with quote
Wow, loved the topic this week. I love to collect art books, and was always interested in what it took to get one self published here. Really neat to see how some people got it done, and now I have more art books to add to the list of books I want.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1