• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Major Baseball TV Anime's 6th Season to Debut in April

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zetsuie

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:28 am Reply with quote
score even though im probably one of three people who care about this show >.>
David.Seth

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:34 am Reply with quote
well, now you can make it four... I just got into this show, Im in the middle of season 3, and simply put, this series (so far) is friggin amazing. I dont know why, but I've been getting more into sports anime recently. Maybe its because I've been enjoying Cross Game so much. Just finished Eyeshield 21 on CR, now Im on Major. But as for Major, it does such a wonderful job of balancing the drama and back stories of the characters with the actual baseball action.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
I need to start watching this show. I have the first season ready to go. I love Cross Game and Big Windup and even Princess Nine, with its poor animation. Maybe it's time to give it a whirl.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 1:44 am Reply with quote
Heck yes!

I was so worried it wasn't going to be green-lit. Especially with how the 5th season ended.
Jedi General

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:44 am Reply with quote
kyokun703 wrote:
I need to start watching this show. I have the first season ready to go.

The first season of Major is all you really need to see, as it goes downhill after that. Never finished season 2 myself, since I discovered that didn't like Goro anymore once he hit high school age. I should probably watch the movie though, since it features Goro while he was still in grade school.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Mask

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:30 am Reply with quote
Wow! I never thought it would still get a sixth season, considering the significant changes made in the last episode of the previous season, compared to the manga version. Plus, that episode had such a farewell tone to it that it already seemed like it was the final episode.

Hoping for the best in the 6th season, especially with the significant developments that are expected to unfold.

Jedi General wrote:
kyokun703 wrote:
I need to start watching this show. I have the first season ready to go.

The first season of Major is all you really need to see, as it goes downhill after that. Never finished season 2 myself, since I discovered that didn't like Goro anymore once he hit high school age. I should probably watch the movie though, since it features Goro while he was still in grade school.

At what part did you stop watching season 2? A lot happened during that season, from spoiler[his return to Mifune], spoiler[his return to baseball], and spoiler[his entry and struggles in the prestigious Kaido school]. Maybe your mind might change once you get to see all the episodes.
Peebs

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 9:53 am Reply with quote
Hooray! I'm glad a 6th season will get started. This is a good sports series to watch.
Araki

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:57 am Reply with quote
Jedi General wrote:

I thought the 2nd season gone seriously downhill during the 2nd half, but season 3 was definitely an improvement and got back my love for Major. 1, 3 and 5 are must see seasons.
kyokun703

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 7:29 pm Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
Jedi General wrote:

I thought the 2nd season gone seriously downhill during the 2nd half, but season 3 was definitely an improvement and got back my love for Major. 1, 3 and 5 are must see seasons.

I see, so it's on the opposite schedule of Star Trek movies, with odd numbered seasons being the good ones, instead of the evens? Very Happy

Seriously though, thanks for the info, I'll keep that in mind if I really like s1 and find myself disappointed with s2.
Taishi

PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 10:48 pm Reply with quote
While I do agree that the odd number season are the best ones, I'm still skeptical about the return of Major because the source is from 2ch...not the most credible place for news. Until the magazine officially announces it, I'm going to doubt the return of Major...especially after the last episode of season 5...which was an AWESOME episode.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 12:42 am Reply with quote
Well, this looks to be a scan out of a magazine, it features "Major", "6", "4", and a "3"... so I take this as confirmation of the 6th season of Major starting April 3rd.

EDIT: And the last episode of season 5 was quite awesome. spoiler[Seeing all of Goro's teammates playing a game of baseball was a trip down memory lane. It provided that kick-start Goro needed after giving up the grand slam to Junior]
kyokun703

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 2:03 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
Well, this looks to be a scan out of a magazine, it features "Major", "6", "4", and a "3"... so I take this as confirmation of the 6th season of Major starting April 3rd.

If my katakana reading skills haven't gone entirely down the tubes, I believe it reads "season" after the "6."
The Mask

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:36 am Reply with quote
Megiddo wrote:
EDIT: And the last episode of season 5 was quite awesome. spoiler[Seeing all of Goro's teammates playing a game of baseball was a trip down memory lane. It provided that kick-start Goro needed after giving up the grand slam to Junior]

Yeah, spoiler[seeing his old comrades (especially the guys from Season 1)] was certainly of the things that made that episode wonderful. But what was more wonderful (at least for me) was the scene where spoiler[Goro Shigeno went face-to-face with the young Goro Honda]; that scene was simply sentimental in my point of view, since you get to see how things have really changed over the years.

Anyway, I really hope Season 6 would turn out to be a good season despite the indications that you guys mentioned.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1