• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Linebarrels of Iron Give-Away

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
21stcenturydigitalboy

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:17 pm Reply with quote
I can't help but think that "'The Sacred Blacksmith' director and character designer of 's-CRY-ed'" would give a much better sense of what this show is about...
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:19 pm Reply with quote
Watched, the first two episodes, looked like another horrible generic mecha show, made worse by Gonzo's awful CG. But I can't pass the possibility of winning something. Maybe it sucks less later on.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:29 pm Reply with quote
No, it's generic all the way down, so unless you have a great dislike for its character design and generical plot, go pancake ahead.
Otaku_X

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:30 pm Reply with quote
Gonzo you say? I'm sold.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:36 pm Reply with quote
I want RIN more, but this would be cool too. (Especially if that's one of those squishy boobies mousepads from J-list. Laughing Those are hilarious looking.) Nothing really piques my interest in the Section 23 giveaway either, but I want to follow ANN anyway. Maybe this is the month where it finally happens for me?
eureknofan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:49 pm Reply with quote
I personally don't like mecha animes, but i like the mouse pad. Very Happy
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:53 pm Reply with quote
eureknofan wrote:
I personally don't like mecha animes, but i like the mouse pad. Very Happy

I actually like the lady on it, not the pad itself. But I'd rather have Miu's pad instead. Both of them certainly own a fine pair of melons, that's certain.
Richard J.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Entered and hoping. Fingers crossed!
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:37 pm Reply with quote
That mousepad...kinda depresses me. I'd just heard someone mention "boob mousepads" and was trying to envision it and YAY~ now I don't have to. I guess it's better than a body pillow? At least they can't make them for loli characters? Yeah, there is good in this. I think. Cool

(Actually if I do see a "boob mousepad" for a loli character, I maaaaay lose all faith in mankind. Just a heads up. Careful what you "um, actually" message to me.) Anime dazed
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
JesuOtaku wrote:
That mousepad...kinda depresses me. I'd just heard someone mention "boob mousepads" and was trying to envision it and YAY~ now I don't have to. I guess it's better than a body pillow? At least they can't make them for loli characters? Yeah, there is good in this. I think. Cool

(Actually if I do see a "boob mousepad" for a loli character, I maaaaay lose all faith in mankind. Just a heads up. Careful what you "um, actually" message to me.) Anime dazed

Oppai mousepads have existed for a while. And they do have loli ones. They also have feet, knees, shota crotches, butts, etc. Consider your faith lost.
Taiyz

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:48 pm Reply with quote
I'm getting a bit tired of people going generic this, generic that. I mean, I do it too, but I found this series really entertaining regardless of its "classic" elements. I think people are using tropes and stereotypes to judge things way too much these days and are missing out on a lot of fun stuff.

JesuOtaku wrote:
There are two kinds of mousepads for a certain famous character named Jun Watarase that might do the trick.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
JacobC
ANN Contributor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:56 pm Reply with quote
Taiyz wrote:
There are two kinds of mousepads for a certain famous character named Jun Watarase that might do the trick.

I (sadly) googled those...can't post the pictures in good conscience. X_X But HA! They had to cheat because they can't shape the lower portion of the mousepad like her nonexistent boozums...so it's...just a normal mousepad with dirty pictures on it...yeeeeeah. So they can't technically make them out of loli characters, they just cheat.

walw6pK4Alo wrote:
They also have feet, knees, shota crotches, butts, etc.

Okay, the rest of those are funny, but WUT? O____O ...Yeah, now I've lost faith in womankind too...
wandering-dreamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 8:55 pm Reply with quote
Another contest? Yay! Haven't seen the show but I'll certainly try it. As for the mousepad, heh, I'm sure I could find SOMETHING to do with it (more like, find someone to embarrass with it).
Vicserr

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:47 pm Reply with quote
I wonder what kind of sample these people use to classify this as a generic mecha show... anyway contest entered, please Lady Luck, smile to me
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 9:53 pm Reply with quote
Vicserr wrote:
I wonder what kind of sample these people use to classify this as a generic mecha show... anyway contest entered, please Lady Luck, smile to me

Oh look, an angsty youth is granted a robot and a pretty girl that fell from the sky. And he manages to maneuver it perfectly the first time. Sure haven't seen this before in anime.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3