• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Last Full Metal Panic Light Novel Volume Being Written

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Razzuel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:38 pm Reply with quote
This is great that it is finally coming to an end, but only three of the novels have been released in North America. Has Tokyopop decided to leave the novels unfinished? I have only read the first novel, but I enjoyed it a lot, so I wish they would finish releasing the rest of the series. Also, Kyoto Animation needs to start making a sequel to The Second Raid.
alexcampos

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:41 pm Reply with quote
Hopefully now we can finally get a 4th season. Maybe Kyoto Animation will be motivated with the finale of the light novel.
edzieba

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:53 pm Reply with quote
The 4th english volume was supposed to be released over a year ago. Tokyopop have said absolutely nothing on why it has not been released, and it is not listen on their site, so I can only assume they've dropped it and are hoping that if they say nothing nobody will notice.
Kougeru

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:26 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
Sousuke Sagara who must protect an assertive high school girl named Chidori Kaname

Why is Kaname's name written family name first while Sousuke's name is family name second?

And I agree, 4th season please.
Kirikiri23

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:31 pm Reply with quote
alexcampos wrote:
Hopefully now we can finally get a 4th season. Maybe Kyoto Animation will be motivated with the finale of the light novel.

Screw that
Wheres my lucky star season 2?
VanGosroth

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:45 pm Reply with quote
Kirikiri23 wrote:
alexcampos wrote:

Screw that

Hopefully somwhere in a black hole.

Hope everything ends well for the series. I have no idea what goes on in the novel after the last anime season, so I'd really love to see it animated.
redcar

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 8:56 pm Reply with quote
Finally! I was beginning to wonder if the author had dropped off the map...good to hear it's finally going to end.
Megabyte117

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:00 pm Reply with quote
VanGosroth wrote:
Kirikiri23 wrote:
alexcampos wrote:

Screw that

Hope everything ends well for the series. I have no idea what goes on in the novel after the last anime season, so I'd really love to see it animated.

Pretty much this. Second Raid was a huge improvement over the first, and it would be nice to see it continued.

Kirikiri, what the hell does Lucky Star have to do with this? Seems like you're just spamming.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm also hoping this'll mean we get another FMP anime series to animate the rest. Doubtful though unfortunately, but stranger things have happened.

Last edited by Kruszer on Wed Jan 06, 2010 9:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
thief_ac

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:21 pm Reply with quote
Good news, if they finally got to an end, there is a high chance will get a new FMP season Smile And i hope they will release the other novels to!
jrnemanich

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 9:26 pm Reply with quote
Megabyte117 wrote:
VanGosroth wrote:
Kirikiri23 wrote:
alexcampos wrote:

Screw that

Pretty much this. Second Raid was a huge improvement over the first, and it would be nice to see it continued.

Kirikiri, what the hell does Lucky Star have to do with this? Seems like you're just spamming.

Kyoto Animation animation did lucky star, Kirikiri probably prefers that Kyoto works on lucky star over fmp
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:04 pm Reply with quote
Very nice that the last novel is being written and the story is coming to an end. I do wish that Tokyopop would publish the rest of the novels. I have the first two novels and having a hard time finding the third, but I would love to read all of that at some point.

It's like with the Boogiepop novels - there were so many more in Japan compared to what was released here, but due to low sales and such, I believe only four of them were published before the line was canceled. And it's a shame for those who really wanted the novels and can't get them.
Razzuel

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Very nice that the last novel is being written and the story is coming to an end. I do wish that Tokyopop would publish the rest of the novels. I have the first two novels and having a hard time finding the third, but I would love to read all of that at some point.

I had to buy the third novel online from Barnes & Noble.

Here's a direct link to its product page: http://search.barnesandnoble.com/Full-Metal-Panic/Shouji-Gatou/e/9781427802453/?itm=6&USRI=Full+Metal+Panic

All of this talk about the novels is reminding me that I need to finish reading the second novel. I finished the first chapter, but I got sidetracked and I have yet to go back to it. I guess now would be a good time.
bglassbrook

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 pm Reply with quote
Aura Ichadora wrote:
Very nice that the last novel is being written and the story is coming to an end. I do wish that Tokyopop would publish the rest of the novels.

Aye.

Final isn't very numeric. Is the encyclopedia page correct in that this will be novel #7, or are we even further behind?
Banken

PostPosted: Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:46 pm Reply with quote
Kougeru wrote:
Quote:
Sousuke Sagara who must protect an assertive high school girl named Chidori Kaname

Why is Kaname's name written family name first while Sousuke's name is family name second?

And I agree, 4th season please.

probably just a typo, but fwiw Sousuke is not a Japanese citizen.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3