• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Boston Hosts Final Fantasy Composer Nobuo Uematsu

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Yuki_Kun45
Exempt from Grammar Rules

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:12 pm Reply with quote
It's my understanding Umetsu didn't score Chrono Trigger, more or less he supervised Yasunori Mitsuda
Kerahna

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
OMG Boston is so lucky!! Kajiura last year, and now Uematsu....
I ditched Anime North to fly to Boston last year but this year's AB is right in the middle of final exams for me Crying or Very sad
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address MSN Messenger
ittoujuu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:28 pm Reply with quote
Uematsu did compose some tracks for Chrono Trigger, but he was not the primary composer - Yasunori Mitsuda was. I don't know why he's mentioned in tandem with the game so often, as it wasn't technically his project. I know Square went through a phase where they liked to pretend people who used to work for them but didn't in the present never had. If you look in the credits for the PS1 release of Chrono Trigger, Mitsuda's name is mysteriously absent, while Uematsu's name is present. The new incidental music composed for the PS1 release wasn't by either of them, IIRC.

Fortunately, in the DS credits for CT, Mitsuda's name is rightfully restored.

Not that I don't love Uematsu too; I'm looking forward to his FFXIV score a lot. Just that I think Mitsuda's a great composer and ought to get his due.
Sailor S

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:30 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad I've long since had my pass purchased and room booked. Anime Boston just keeps on getting better and better guests each year.
GeminiDS85

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:37 pm Reply with quote
I never knew Anime Boston existed, glad I live only an hour away. Very Happy
WatchforMoons7

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:04 pm Reply with quote
GO BOSTON !

And look at that puppy! Laughing
Brand

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:50 pm Reply with quote
If this wasn't so close to PAX East or if I could just take the time off I'd so go to Anime Boston this year.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
The Naked Beast

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:12 pm Reply with quote
The following occurred in the last 10 minutes: Ctrl + T to open tab in Firefox (version 3.6), type in "an," press "Down," press the Enter key.

Next, the Anime News Network front page appears on the screen. My first reaction at the top of the page: "Holy crap!"

I have been attending Anime Boston every year ever since they changed the venue to the Hynes Convention Center. From my perspective, it improves a lot every year. I have met many North American voice actors and Japanese guests. The lines for their autographs are chaotic and insane since spots are very limited.

I can only imagine the chaos that this will cause at the autographs line. Still, I want to meet the man, the myth, the legend himself: Nobuo Uematsu.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 5:51 pm Reply with quote
Clicking to his encyclopedia page made me realize something:

I miss Mario RPG. I'd have to think long and hard about getting a Wii if somebody told me that Nintendo had Mario RPG in their Playstation Network equivalent library.
GATSU

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:02 pm Reply with quote
That's a helluva coup. I'm surprised he's got that kind of free time. Maybe it's a break after FFXIII?
maaya

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:43 pm Reply with quote
As far as I know, Nobuo Uematsu on his own has only really done 1 anime soundtrack - Guin Saga. And it's fantastic. Why is that the only one not mentionned? xD
merr

PostPosted: Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:51 pm Reply with quote
DerekTheRed wrote:
I'd have to think long and hard about getting a Wii if somebody told me that Nintendo had Mario RPG in their Playstation Network equivalent library.

Mario RPG is in fact one of the Virtual Console titles. You'd better start thinking Very Happy
The Risky Penguin

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:39 am Reply with quote
OMG yay! Now I really looking forward to this Anime smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Son-kun

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:47 am Reply with quote
GATSU wrote:
That's a helluva coup. I'm surprised he's got that kind of free time. Maybe it's a break after FFXIII?

Last I checked, he didn't compose the music for FFXIII. He is, however, composing the music for FFXIV Online, the sequel to FFXI.

This is pretty exciting news. If I do go, I hope he can sign my Mistwalker games on the 360, but that's probably not likely. It would either have to be to go to his panel or get an autograph. I hope he does two different sessions.
ZenErik

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:20 am Reply with quote
I normally don't care about celebrities, but I would love to shake that man's hand for the work he has done. Hopefully I get my chance in April. Smile
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1