• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Baka & Test, Dance in the Vampire Bund

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
AJMkarate717

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:45 am Reply with quote
Well, this is certainly good news - not that I know much about either series, but it's always a good sign to see more simulcasting. Go FUNimation!
kel aka gandy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 11:51 am Reply with quote
Talk about unexpected! But I'm glad I get to watch them legally! Very Happy
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:01 pm Reply with quote
Both misses for me, but it's good to see FUNi doing near-simultaneous streaming for more shows.
Eivion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
It seems strange to pick these two and talk about simulcasting when both shows are about to end for the season this month. Anyways its cool to see both shows picked up though Vampire Bund has been a bit disappointing.
Dop.L

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
As I'm in the UK and so with all probability won't be able to access these simulcasts, what I want to know is does this mean these shows will get an eventual DVD release THAT I CAN BUY?
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:
As I'm in the UK and so with all probability won't be able to access these simulcasts, what I want to know is does this mean these shows will get an eventual DVD release THAT I CAN BUY?

Obviously, they'll eventually be available in some physical format.
gaizin33

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:13 pm Reply with quote
I'm curious, after the horrid verdict of the Handley case, how is Funi going to handle the nudity/sexuality of an underage looking (she is a vampire so she's over 18, honest!) character. I imagine we'll be getting lots of mysterious steam and strange edits...
Asrialys

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
gaizin33 wrote:
I'm curious, after the horrid verdict of the Handley case, how is Funi going to handle the nudity/sexuality of an underage looking (she is a vampire so she's over 18, honest!) character. I imagine we'll be getting lots of mysterious steam and strange edits...

Remember, they have already had Strike Witches, which will still come out at the end of the month.
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:16 pm Reply with quote
Cool Dance in the vampire bund and baka no test both of those I got to pick out when they put them out on dvd
Megiddo

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:19 pm Reply with quote
Dop.L wrote:

I'll let you know when I can buy Phantom: Requiem for the Phantom DVDs.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:20 pm Reply with quote
gaizin33 wrote:

I'm tired of people making arguments like this over the Handley case. Unless Dance in the Vampire Bund features explicit exploitation of unquestionably underage girls, there's nothing to worry about. Innocent fanservice isn't going to get anybody locked up.
Reibooi

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:23 pm Reply with quote
Dance in the Vampire Bund was something I never expected to get licensed and anyone who knows anything about the show can probably guess why.

Either way both shows are great and I will be happy to get my hands on them. Lets just hope they don't take forever and a half to release the DVDs/Blu-rays like some of the stuff they get.
zanntos

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:39 pm Reply with quote
6 volumes of Bund out in the US as of February.

And that's why the license doesn't surprise me to much, it's already here in book form and has been around for a year and a half in book format and it's not any better though it is much more clear on her being -much- older than she looks as well.

The anime is somewhat tamer than the books amusingly enough.

But Bund is a good series, even if the anime acted liked it was dropped on its head for the first few episodes before it hit its stride. I read the books, so the startup deviation from the books gave me a fit.

Baka Test, that's just hilarious good fun.
DmonHiro

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:40 pm Reply with quote
Didn't see Bund coming. Baka & Test, OK, but Bund...that came from the left field...of another park. Still...both shows are going to finish soon, and the fansubs will be available for those who don't want to wait a year for a non-streamed version...so what I don't get is...simulcast? Why? Unless they're going to air the first episodes as well, this seems pointless. Who wants to watch Bund starting with episode 8?
keikanki

PostPosted: Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Reibooi wrote:
Dance in the Vampire Bund was something I never expected to get licensed and anyone who knows anything about the show can probably guess why.

Because it's slow, boring, and unanimously inferior to the manga?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8