• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Japanese Comic Ranking, May 24-30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 5:18 pm Reply with quote
Ouch... Detective Conan fell from #1 to #5. =/

At least it's a Manga that can compare up to One Piece and Naruto Manga sales in Japan! Twisted Evil
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 6:21 pm Reply with quote
Anime Remix wrote:
Ouch... Detective Conan fell from #1 to #5. =/

At least it's a Manga that can compare up to One Piece and Naruto Manga sales in Japan! Twisted Evil

Hahaha, nothing compares to One Piece in sales. Conan might be in a run with Naruto, sure... but definitely not One Piece.

In one week TITLE sold X:
One Piece v57 - 1,690,932
Naruto v50 - 736,467
Detective Conan v67 - 344,363

It really doesn't even compare to Naruto (which had over double in sales)... so definitely not One Piece. One Piece sold over 1.3 million more copies than Conan did and nearly a million more against Naruto.

Anyway, glad to see Vagabond out there. Though I'm nowhere close to that volume as I'm reading Viz's VIZBIG editions rather than the single volumes Sad Such an awesome series though. Inoue <3
Xenockky

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:03 pm Reply with quote
Whoa... the shakugan no shana manga is up there? I loved the anime and movies, but I definitely consider the manga the worst of the franchise. Surprised to see it doing well, unless it miraculously improved in the later volumes.... I stopped buying it at vol. 2.

One manga (actually I guess it's manwha) I'm pleasantly surprised to see making the charts is Kurokami - I picked it up last year and fell in love with it's crisp style and likable (albeit relatively cliche) characters. I didn't agree with changes the anime version made to the story (i.e., huh?! He's not a dating-sim creator otaku anymore?!). But I digress.

lol that "Saint Young Men" looks hilarious. Jesus and Buddha, buddies touring earth? All sorts of awesome.
flawful

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 1:00 am Reply with quote
That Bamboo Blade B picture is wrong. The of it picture is of the main Bamboo Blade, and Bamboo Blade B is a shounen spinoff and I pretty sure has a different cover.
Wooga

PostPosted: Thu Jun 03, 2010 2:05 am Reply with quote
I haven't heard of some of these manga, but they look really interesting. Glad to see Black God is still running, I love that series.

On the cover of the Eva manga, is that Asuka's mom hugging her? Surreal.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1