• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Aya Hirano to Use Twitter for 1 Day Only

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Josh7289

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:11 am Reply with quote
Wow, how entirely pointless.
Mr. sickVisionz

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:13 am Reply with quote
She's pretty cute.
Araki

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:14 am Reply with quote
I'm so excited...NOT!
LordRobin

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:14 am Reply with quote
In other words, she'll send messages to her manager, and he'll decide whether they'll be tweeted or not. Or hell, maybe the manager will actually write the tweets himself. Seriously, can you imagine a mainstream Japanese pop idol being allowed to interact directly with fans, with no oversight?

------RM
enurtsol

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:48 am Reply with quote
LordRobin wrote:
In other words, she'll send messages to her manager, and he'll decide whether they'll be tweeted or not. Or hell, maybe the manager will actually write the tweets himself. Seriously, can you imagine a mainstream Japanese pop idol being allowed to interact directly with fans, with no oversight?

Yeah in Japan, it's the reverse. The talent agency owns the "tarento," instead of the celebrity hiring a talent agency to represent him/her. "You don't hire them; they hire you. You're not the owner of your career; you're the employee."
Niomo

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:18 am Reply with quote
AYA DAI SKI.

It's too bad that twitter is down Razz
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote
Now up to 6252.
Actually, now I've joined them it's gone up to 6288 in a matter of a minute.
Wow.
To be honest, I haven't watched anything with her in for a while, at least not in any major role, and haven't got any of her recent CDs and Idol DVDs (I realised it was her acting voice, not her singing voice or body that I was a fan of).

-edit-

In the time I took to post it is up to 6332.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 8:54 am Reply with quote
If some kind hearted person has the time, would they mind translating her tweets? I'm actually very interested in them, and I'm a huge Aya fan btw... Also, I thank you kindly, to anyone that is up to the task!!
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 am Reply with quote
They obviously don't get the point of Twitter. Twitter needs to be used for a period of time to attract followers. Anyone following her is going to be a fan who will buy the CD anyways. It's not going to help sales one bit.

And how does one know if it's really her? Or is it a prepared script?

Twitter really isn't the best marketing tool; it's a networking tool.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:21 am Reply with quote
writerpatrick wrote:
And how does one know if it's really her? Or is it a prepared script?

It was already announced on her official blog... Also, why would they need to go through the trouble of making a "prepared script" to begin with? It would make a lot more sense that she does the twitter thing to make it personal.

LordRobin wrote:

------RM

I'm pretty sure she's allowed to write anything she wants, however if she tweets something that puts her in a negative light then I'm sure her talent agency would be concerned. Also, to answer your question, she already has a blog... how much different is that from this, other than Twitter obviously being more popular... And, I highly doubt that she will even write back to her fans... since this is a one day thing only.... And it seems that she isn't even using it that much... from the time that I write this post that is, it's been at least 8 hours since she posted a tweet... usually I think since it's a one day thing that she'd be using it constantly... on the other hand, Japan is also, from what I remember 12 hours ahead of the US... which would mean that it's already the next day over there, and the CD is on sale.

Mr. sickVisionz wrote:
She's pretty cute.

Isn't she? I like her new hair style a lot... However I'm also rather fond of her original hairstyle when she recorded Haruhi waay back in 2006, when she had that long black hair Wink

Last edited by sailorsean on Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:45 am; edited 1 time in total
ELDRAGON

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:37 am Reply with quote
sailorsean wrote:
If some kind hearted person has the time, would they mind translating her tweets? I'm actually very interested in them, and I'm a huge Aya fan btw... Also, I thank you kindly, to anyone that is up to the task!!

Just copy/paste the URL of her twitter page onto Google Translate. It works.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:40 am Reply with quote
ELDRAGON wrote:
sailorsean wrote:

Just copy/paste the URL of her twitter page onto Google Translate. It works.

Yeah, I tried doing that before I typed that post and all I could get is sloppy engrish.
Teriyaki Terrier

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:45 am Reply with quote
Josh7289 wrote:

I was about to say the same thing. Really, what is the point of doing this?

I just don't understand some people anymore.
sailorsean

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:49 am Reply with quote
Teriyaki Terrier wrote:
Josh7289 wrote:

I was about to say the same thing. Really, what is the point of doing this?

I just don't understand some people anymore.

Well, it should be pretty obvious that it's being used for promotional reasons, I mean, the name of her single is her username. Also, Twitter is very popular so it shouldn't really be surprising to see another celebrity using it, to be honest I already thought she already had a Twitter account. Well anyways, I'm thankful that I followed her before I did, it seems that as I write this, Twitter seems to be currently down at the moment... Maybe thanks to Aya? Well, it seem that she getting at least 50 followers per minute or so.
neggiimmaa

PostPosted: Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:02 am Reply with quote
Araki wrote:
I'm so excited...NOT!

On the contrary im rather content of this piece of news maybe its just me however i dont get what's all the hate on Twitter its just a website

also @sailorsean Googletranslate seems to work fine for me there is little engrish however i can atleast read a gist of it
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4