• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[flake] Change name for Shigeto KOYAMA (#25111)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
386sky

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 7:00 am Reply with quote
Shigeto KOYAMA has an name for Shigeto instead of Sighet.
Could you change it to Sighet KOYAMA instead.
Dessa

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 11:58 am Reply with quote
Do you have proof of this? Any evidence? I've never heard of any Japanese name of "Sighet," and it's not really even possible to write like that in kana, so unless it's his personal preference in spelling his name (similar to Asuca instead of Asuka, that I've seen used a few times), I don't see how it's possible.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Oct 15, 2010 1:05 pm Reply with quote
It could be an unusual personal romanization like Range Murata (Renji Murata) and Oh! great (Ito Oogure).

However, given that the blog link (archived) we have for him clearly says KOYAMA SHIGETO, as does the current version of the same site and his Twitter page... I'm definitely leaning on the "no" unless there's someone else with the same name. I'd be leaning on no anyway since ideally I'd like all names in the encyclopedia to be romanised the same way.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1