Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Aoi Yūki Joins Dog Days Anime Cast in 2nd Season




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:32 pm Reply with quote
She plays the Squirrel girl I assume. Glad to hear it, she's one of the better up and coming seiyuu.

I can't wait for the 2nd season to begin... its probably my 2nd most anticipated show of the summer season after Tari Tari.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
dragon695



Joined: 28 Nov 2008
Posts: 1377
Location: Clemson, SC
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:41 pm Reply with quote
Needs moar dog boys.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:57 pm Reply with quote
I think Dog Days is gunning to have the most ludicrously top-heavy seiyuu cast ever.

Actually, of more interest is the change in directors from Kusakawa Keizo to Nishimura Junji
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:
I think Dog Days is gunning to have the most ludicrously top-heavy seiyuu cast ever.

Actually, of more interest is the change in directors from Kusakawa Keizo to Nishimura Junji


I dunno how I feel about it. The first director is more of the "Go to guy" for Seven Arcs anime, so it kinda seems like a downgrade. I hope the new guy is good.

He's been around for a long time though if he's worked on Ranma.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:


I dunno how I feel about it. The first director is more of the "Go to guy" for Seven Arcs anime, so it kinda seems like a downgrade. I hope the new guy is good.

He's been around for a long time though if he's worked on Ranma.


It will be interesting. A's was of course great, but StrikerS had all sorts of issues with its direction

Nishimura directed Simoun though, and thats a big plus in my book.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Lynx Amali





PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 5:38 pm Reply with quote
Fencedude5609 wrote:


It will be interesting. A's was of course great, but StrikerS had all sorts of issues with its direction

Nishimura directed Simoun though, and thats a big plus in my book.


I'd say StrikerS had pacing issues and the sudden shift in focus with the plot.

Anyway;
Good for Yuki. She's one of my current favorite VAs.

What's next for her?
A Mecha show role?

Actually, that wouldn't be that bad now that I think about it.
Back to top
Chagen46



Joined: 27 Jun 2010
Posts: 4377
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:33 pm Reply with quote
I'm amazed that the first season hasn't been licensed yet.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Flower Metal



Joined: 23 Apr 2012
Posts: 104
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:22 pm Reply with quote
I like Dog Days, Dog Days is Moe
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ScruffyKiwi



Joined: 25 Oct 2010
Posts: 590
Location: New Zealand
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:04 pm Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Fencedude5609 wrote:
I think Dog Days is gunning to have the most ludicrously top-heavy seiyuu cast ever.

Actually, of more interest is the change in directors from Kusakawa Keizo to Nishimura Junji


I dunno how I feel about it. The first director is more of the "Go to guy" for Seven Arcs anime, so it kinda seems like a downgrade. I hope the new guy is good.

He's been around for a long time though if he's worked on Ranma.


I would almost suggest that it's an upgrade not a downgrade. I absolutely loved True Tears and Simoun, and conisdering that for True Tears he basically threw away the source material and started again I think that the 2nd season of Dog Days might actually turn out good.

I ended up dropping dog days mainly as the characters seemed like blocks of wood cut off some generic block.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
KLAC
Exempt from Grammar Rules


Joined: 22 Oct 2009
Posts: 1102
PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 9:26 pm Reply with quote
ok then i think we so know now who doing (in a deadpool saying) SQUIRREL-GIRLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!!!!!!!!!!!


yet wonder will series also get license as well?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
yu3lora



Joined: 05 Dec 2011
Posts: 288
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 6:38 am Reply with quote
Let Aki Toyosaki and Sato Satomi and I will surely like this anime. Sorry to say this but, I only watch this anime because of their seiyuu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
partially



Joined: 14 Oct 2007
Posts: 702
Location: Oz
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:18 pm Reply with quote
Hmm what is with Japan's continuous usage of punctuation to differentiate between seasons. e.g. an extra exclamation mark !! or a question mark !? or indeed here we have a ' Rolling Eyes

It has always struck me as a bit odd.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Fencedude5609



Joined: 09 Nov 2006
Posts: 5088
PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, 2012 3:22 pm Reply with quote
partially wrote:
Hmm what is with Japan's continuous usage of punctuation to differentiate between seasons. e.g. an extra exclamation mark !! or a question mark !? or indeed here we have a ' Rolling Eyes

It has always struck me as a bit odd.


Pft. Its not really trying until they use things you can't even type normally.

Such as YuruYuri♪♪
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group