• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Lollipop Chainsaw Game's Action Promo Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 10:26 am Reply with quote
I'm curious to see how this game plays out. I saw a pre-order for it and didn't know if the game was out already. I title concept seemed like a typical run of the mill title until I did a little research and found out who was behind it. Well, it can't be all that bad if Suda51 is the mastermind behind it. So I guess I'll be adding this to the roster of new games for our collection. Glad to see we have a good cast as well.

Jailbait poster child cheerleaders slinging a chainsaw against zombies and rock n' roll zombie bosses, it's like "exploitation" grindhouse material in a nutshell.
V1046-R

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 11:11 am Reply with quote
Everytime I see something about this game it makes me LOL, so I am probably going to buy it..unless I see a bunch of scathing reviews. I do enjoy some goofy fun in video games, and that is what this looks to be.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 12:38 pm Reply with quote
The dub cast sounds very nice, but any idea who are the Japanese seiyuu for the roles ? I couldn't hear them clearly in the promo.
TitanXL

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
V1046-R wrote:
Everytime I see something about this game it makes me LOL, so I am probably going to buy it..unless I see a bunch of scathing reviews. I do enjoy some goofy fun in video games, and that is what this looks to be.

I wonder if it'll get slammed by reviewers after the PAX controversy.
Shenl742

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 1:44 pm Reply with quote
TitanXL wrote:
V1046-R wrote:

I wonder if it'll get slammed by reviewers after the PAX controversy.

It would be extremely stupid and shortsided if any reviewer let that effect their opinion. That whole incident was between the promoters and the people at PAX. It's got nothing to do with the game itself.
Majin Tenshi

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2012 5:42 pm Reply with quote
According to Wiki:

Eri Kitamura/Yōko Hikasa will both voice the lead character Juliet Starling. While Kenichi Suzumura will voice her boyfriend Nick. I think that both tracks for the game are going to be nice and worth trying out.
enurtsol

PostPosted: Sat Apr 14, 2012 7:17 am Reply with quote
Looks fun! The controversy only gives it more publicity and bad-boy creds! Laughing
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1