• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Anime Expo to Host Ei Aoki, Rikiya Koyama, Nobuhiko Okamoto

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Splitter

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 10:41 pm Reply with quote
All that's left is to announce Kinoko Nasu and every Type-Moon fan that isn't going will go off the deep end.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:04 pm Reply with quote
I know Otakon is a little farther away & it's easier to get Japanese guests on the West Coast but Otakon's current guest list looks so lame in comparison.

Just one guest of the caliber of these AX guests would make me content.
superdry

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:06 pm Reply with quote
Maidenoftheredhand wrote:
I know Otakon is a little farther away & it's easier to get Japanese guests on the West Coast but Otakon's current guest list looks so lame in comparison.

Just one guest of the caliber of these AX guests would make me content.

We're still like two months away from Otakon. I'm sure they'll announce some more guests closer to the con. Hopefully, good guests...last year was a little lackluster for me.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:14 pm Reply with quote
None of these guests will draw me to the convention. I want animation artists, and AX has yet to announce any. Though, to AX's credit, they announce these guests lasts.

If we're going for Type Moon stuff, let's hope that Tony stops by.
Maidenoftheredhand

PostPosted: Thu May 31, 2012 11:18 pm Reply with quote
superdry wrote:

We're still like two months away from Otakon. I'm sure they'll announce some more guests closer to the con. Hopefully, good guests...last year was a little lackluster for me.

Yes I know and Otakon usually does announce their high caliber guests closer to the date but sometimes I think they take too long at times.

After all yes AX is coming up sooner but they announced a strong musical guest some time ago, or maybe it just feels that way.
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:59 pm Reply with quote
So they're going to have my future husband Okamoto at a convention for the first time. And I can't go. Nice.

Why do the Eastern conventions NEVER have any Japanese guests, especially seiyuu?!
Sailor S

PostPosted: Fri Jun 01, 2012 6:10 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
So they're going to have my future husband Okamoto at a convention for the first time. And I can't go. Nice.

Why do the Eastern conventions NEVER have any Japanese guests, especially seiyuu?!

I can't speak for the eastern conventions (Let's not mince words, we mean Anime Boston and Otakon) but those conventions are largely looking for value added guests. By that I mean guests that can perform singing parts to their conventions. Really, name a Japanese guest to either convention in recent history that couldn't perform a concert. Maybe Otakon has one, but I know for sure that Anime Boston doesn't. Value added guests are the way to go for cons not called Anime Expo.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1