• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Imageepoch Considers U.S. Tokitowa Game Release

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:20 pm Reply with quote
Nah, let Tales of Xillia come instead.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Sat Jun 02, 2012 11:32 pm Reply with quote
Fletcher1991 wrote:
Nah, let Tales of Xillia come instead.

I'd actually rather have this one come out. I absolutely love how the graphics look like anime, and it looks like a more promising game over all. I hope NISA picks it up since they have a deal with Imagepoch for a few of their games in the past.
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:52 am Reply with quote
The video in the story is no longer available, due to the account being terminated.
tasogarenootome

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:03 am Reply with quote
The animation looks beautiful and the story keeps getting more interesting. I do hope they bring it over. He said he had a meeting regarding licensing - I wonder with whom. I do hope NISA grabs it. I get the feeling if it's Namco Bandai, their expectations are too high for JRPGs and they'll probably just scare the guy off. Their impression of good sales for a JRPG versus NISA's are very different.
AnimeFanChris

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 7:34 am Reply with quote
I'd rather Xillia than this since I've a big fan of the Tales of franchise...but I really do want to be able to buy this in the U.S. it look really impressive!
Lynx Amali

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:00 am Reply with quote
What the hell does Xillia have to do with an Imageepoch title?

Serious question because it's going right over my head.

This looks incredibly different, either way. I really hope someone picks it up for an R1 release. It definetly looks like a NISA title, all things considered. And I'd be perfectly okay with that.
Haterater

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 9:25 am Reply with quote
Namco Bandai are publishing the title in Japan. Depends on how much say or influence they have to either let another distributer release it overseas or if they have to do it, it could be a choice of either this or Xillia. Which I think its more on Imageepoch.
DangerMouse

PostPosted: Sun Jun 03, 2012 6:50 pm Reply with quote
tasogarenootome wrote:
The animation looks beautiful and the story keeps getting more interesting. I do hope they bring it over. He said he had a meeting regarding licensing - I wonder with whom. I do hope NISA grabs it. I get the feeling if it's Namco Bandai, their expectations are too high for JRPGs and they'll probably just scare the guy off. Their impression of good sales for a JRPG versus NISA's are very different.

Yeah, I really hope this makes it over here.

Them or Xseed would be a good choice, both seem to have a good handle on the market to not get scared off.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1