• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
SURVEY: Honorifics in Manga Translations

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anonymous Researcher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 9:21 am Reply with quote
Hello,

I am conducting a brief survey of the online manga fan community.

I am currently working on a dissertation about the translation of Manga from Japanese into English and other languages. The focus of my research is Japanese honorifics (san, chan, kun, etc.) and if/when it is acceptable to retain them in translated manga, or if it is better to translate or omit them. Part of my research involves the online community’s opinions on this issue, and so I would very much appreciate it if you took some time to complete a short 13 question survey.

No personal information will be asked of you, and the data collected will only be used for research purposes.

The survey may be found here: http://freeonlinesurveys.com/s.asp?sid=qfdbeqh18bvvzkq85570

If you wish, feel free to discuss your opinions on this issue in greater detail in this thread.

Thank you for your time and participation.
Keonyn
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
Sorry, but we do not allow solicitations for retailers, surveys, homework help, or anything of that nature.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Manga All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1