• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Interview: Deadman Wonderland director Koichi Hatsumi

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
opn

PostPosted: Fri Apr 15, 2011 9:40 pm Reply with quote
this was a pretty interesting interview. the fact the first episode wasnt even done until recently is very interesting and makes me all the more curious on how great it will look.the foreshadowing of the darker nature points at it going past the 12 episode mark which is excellent.great interview ann defenitley a step up from the blue exorcist interview!
bemused Bohemian

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 1:42 am Reply with quote
It's assuring to read of a Japanese animation director receptive to interesting foreign audiences in his bodies of work. Sometimes from what I read I am almost of the opinion foreign audiences are of little importance or concern to Japanese animation producers.
Yorozuya

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:35 am Reply with quote
That was really interesting, though its kind of amazing to think the first episode didn't even exist a few weeks ago. I had no idea anime could be made so quickly.
Jure

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 3:55 am Reply with quote
So... one day before the earthquake he said that there are no breaks when it comes to violence. I wonder how much has that changed this last month. One of the reasons I like DW manga (besides nice art) is lots of violence and crazy characters.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 6:10 am Reply with quote
Quote:
But, right now, we have the car rolling without stepping on the brakes.

My god. This is gonna be shown so censored at CR.

Either way, excited that there's only 6 hours left.
opn

PostPosted: Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:09 am Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Quote:
But, right now, we have the car rolling without stepping on the brakes.

My god. This is gonna be shown so censored at CR.

Either way, excited that there's only 6 hours left.

actually no since judgeing by the preview it will not be censored on crunchyroll.at least for the spoiler[branch of sin] and the more gorey stuff dont happen until later.
captainbanana

PostPosted: Sun Apr 17, 2011 2:55 pm Reply with quote
I have a feeling that there will be censorship later down the road (I doubt they'll show people getting bisected/trisected/etc in full detail) but other than that, there isn't a whole lot to censor in the manga up to this point.

This is a show I've definitely been looking forward to. It's like a more fun Battle Royale, without the need for constant shock value (there is a bit of gore, but never on the level of BR). On top of that, the action between deadman's (deadmen?) should be very visually appealing, given the studios past work.

I have a good feeling about their ability to fully tell the story as well. The manga is in what feels like the final arc, and assuming that they take their time with all of the existing chapters, I don't see a reason why they couldn't time the ending of the manga with the ending of the anime. That is assuming that the show has good ratings, of course, and that it can stick around for a second and maybe even a third season (there is easily 36 episodes of material in the manga thus far).
AnimeContinuousFund

PostPosted: Wed Aug 01, 2012 2:44 pm Reply with quote
Im an American, & a Japanese Anime Fan, & by far Deadman Wonderland is the best I've ever seen & in a way its like somthing Stephen King would create but he didn't you did, & there is a ton of fans who like these kind of seriesthen you have the anime fans, so youve got 2types of fans that would fit that anime series, so hopefully that a second season will arrive for Deadman Wonderland, or a movie, or somthin
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1