• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: New York Times Manga Best Seller List, May 24-30

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Dmysta3000

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
So Naruto continues to dominate the charts eh? Even as a big fan of the series, i've kinda had enough for now at least. But at least Negima is still at number 1!!! Very Happy
Tenchi

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:19 pm Reply with quote
I wonder whether or not Ouran High School Host Club volume 12 will make the list next week?

It's been seven months since the previous volume, so I'd imagine that there would be a lot of people as eager as I was to get their hands on it.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ashen Phoenix

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 12:18 pm Reply with quote
Tenchi wrote:
I wonder whether or not Ouran High School Host Club volume 12 will make the list next week?

I'd say there's a very good chance of that being the case. As I think the same can be said for series like Vampire Knight, Shaman King, and Fruits Basket which have consistent fanbases so, even tho their volumes are released further spread-out than others, they still sell well enough when they do come out that they can snag a spot (or even two) on the list. I doubt that'll change any time soon.

As far as Naruto's domination of the charts goes, I can say I better understand the reasons now as I've only recently been able to catch up to the currently released volumes. They house some really spectacular events and turning points for the series, with a handful of 'twists and turns' gems scattered about the last 4-5 volumes.
Damius

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:48 pm Reply with quote
I just bought vol. 1 and 2 of Negima! Nice to see this vol. at the top!
fighterholic

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:29 am Reply with quote
Well, it's nice to see something other than Naruto at the top for a change.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1