• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: I.G, Yuasa Expand Fundraising Goals for Kick-Heart Anime

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ModalSilverSoul

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:13 pm Reply with quote
I got to see this at the ANN panel at NYCC.. I'm really looking forward to watching this when it's released. Very Happy
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:54 pm Reply with quote
A 40 minute feature sounds a lot better and something I would be interested in. If they announce english subs for the blu ray, I will try to donate some.
luisedgarf

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 12:43 am Reply with quote
I thought:

1- Kickstarter can only be used by Americans or people living in America with an American credit card.
2- Japanese disliked crownfunding, since it's basically begging for money.
fuuma_monou

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:09 am Reply with quote
luisedgarf wrote:
I thought:

1- Kickstarter can only be used by Americans or people living in America with an American credit card.

Kickstarter projects have to be based in the U.S. Contributors can come from all over the world as long as they can use Amazon Payments.
FigNewton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:52 am Reply with quote
Judge Of Toyama wrote:
A 40 minute feature sounds a lot better and something I would be interested in. If they announce english subs for the blu ray, I will try to donate some.

"will there be subtitles?" was the first FAQ. The answer has always been, "there will be English subtitles" and now that FAQ has been amended to include French. I can't see why the already announced English subs wouldn't be on the BD.

So donate away! :D

Also of note is the addition of a DVD to the $30 level. I was in at $15, but will probably up to $30. Still can't manage the $60 BD level though. :(
Judge Of Toyama

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:45 am Reply with quote
FigNewton wrote:
Judge Of Toyama wrote:

"will there be subtitles?" was the first FAQ. The answer has always been, "there will be English subtitles" and now that FAQ has been amended to include French. I can't see why the already announced English subs wouldn't be on the BD.

So donate away! Very Happy

Also of note is the addition of a DVD to the $30 level. I was in at $15, but will probably up to $30. Still can't manage the $60 BD level though. Sad

I must have overlooked that. Embarassed
FigNewton

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:49 am Reply with quote
Judge Of Toyama wrote:

I must have overlooked that. :oops:

Don't worry, it's VERY easy to overlook... almost in the fine print!
configspace

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 1:23 pm Reply with quote
I don't think they're going to reach that goal in just two weeks.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:39 am Reply with quote
The plot to me does not seem to be revolutionary, seems more like someones little project that no one was interested to finance, not a risky project that had any possible backer afraid of touching it.
Saffire

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:51 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
The plot to me does not seem to be revolutionary, seems more like someones little project that no one was interested to finance, not a risky project that had any possible backer afraid of touching it.
And...what's wrong with that?
FigNewton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 12:59 pm Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
I don't think they're going to reach that goal in just two weeks.

It's trending for 144-200k. They may not, but it's more likely they will.

mangamuscle wrote:

There's really no such thing as a revolutionary plot.

As for the cases you compare there's no effective difference. I'm not sure what point you are trying to make.
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:32 pm Reply with quote
FigNewton wrote:

You might feel that what you are saying is the truth because making a movie or tv series (animated or otherwise) is a financial venture and most people do not want to take risks with their money. The end result is that very few videos are shot that test new stories. You might say that even revolutionary plot-lines are the same old given a new twist, but that does not change the fact that most of the time they have an aversion to giving them such twists.
FigNewton

PostPosted: Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:46 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
FigNewton wrote:

You might feel that what you are saying is the truth because making a movie or tv series (animated or otherwise) is a financial venture and most people do not want to take risks with their money. The end result is that very few videos are shot that test new stories. You might say that even revolutionary plot-lines are the same old given a new twist, but that does not change the fact that most of the time they have an aversion to giving them such twists.

The idea that there are no new plots or stories is not a particularly controversial one, nor is it a result of the no-risk-taking mentality that currently pervades the entertainment industry. It's the result of the very nature of story telling and is a common subject in any study of fiction.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1