• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Reveals C-Control's English Dub Cast

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PurpleWarrior13

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 4:58 pm Reply with quote
I haven't seen this show, but that looks like a decent cast. I like seeing fresh faces on the lists.
11G4GUNOT

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 5:10 pm Reply with quote
spoiler[what I'll pass with japanese version sorry funimation]

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:
I haven't seen this show, but that looks like a decent cast. I like seeing fresh faces on the lists.

this show is so different than Yu-Gi-Oh! believe it!
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:29 pm Reply with quote
11G4GUNOT wrote:
spoiler[what I'll pass with japanese version sorry funimation]

PurpleWarrior13 wrote:

ya yugioh at least has characters you can like. and yugioh actually can follow a plot, and not just shove it into 2 episodes because it has zero clue how to pace a series for 11 episodes. I was hoping funi was going to just ignore this series like fractale.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 6:57 pm Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
ya yugioh at least has characters you can like. and yugioh actually can follow a plot, and not just shove it into 2 episodes because it has zero clue how to pace a series for 11 episodes. I was hoping funi was going to just ignore this series like fractale.

Really? Yu-gi-oh was a disaster in almost every aspect other than charisma. And no, there's nothing to compare here. Other than a very little resemblance, both shows have nothing notable in common.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked it as a kid, and I loved the PS1 game, but before the eyes of a more experienced person, it's one fault after another.
the Rancorous

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:06 pm Reply with quote
egoist, you're crushing those twos' hopes of increasing their e-penis size. Meanie! Razz
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:07 pm Reply with quote
egoist wrote:
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Really? Yu-gi-oh was a disaster in almost every aspect other than charisma. And no, there's nothing to compare here. Other than a very little resemblance, both shows have nothing notable in common.

Don't get me wrong, I really liked it as a kid, and I loved the PS1 game, but before the eyes of a more experienced person, it's one fault after another.

^note the lack of a single positive thing to say about C. this further proves my point. also it takes self confidence to have an E PBEEP so guess what I just hate the show and wish I had dropped it.
TaiChiChasers

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:12 pm Reply with quote
11G4GUNOT wrote:

wtf, this show is nothing like Yu-Gi-Oh!...
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:15 pm Reply with quote
TaiChiChasers wrote:
11G4GUNOT wrote:

an economics themed yugioh that try to be mature and take it self seriously. actually pokemon would be a better compression, but that actually can handle a thing called plot.
SailorDJ

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:27 pm Reply with quote
I'm sorry Funimation, but I'm going to have to go with the Japanese voice actors on this one. I think Mshyu's voice should have brattier and Masakaki's voice should have been weirder/crazier, if that makes any sense.
egoist

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 7:38 pm Reply with quote
the Rancorous wrote:
egoist, you're crushing those twos' hopes of increasing their e-penis size. Meanie! Razz

Yeah, looks like he'd rather do it himself. Laughing

Tanteikingdomkey wrote:
TaiChiChasers wrote:
11G4GUNOT wrote:

an economics themed yugioh that try to be mature and take it self seriously. actually pokemon would be a better compression, but that actually can handle a thing called plot.

But Pokemon is bettah than yugioh I swear to god! Yugioh is just tryin to be pokemon with kiddos using monsters and stuff. Yugioh coping pikachu with dark magician, no kidding!
Animegomaniac

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2012 8:06 pm Reply with quote
Yugioh? The card show that goes into fits trying to rationalize the furious action that occurs when someone lays down a card?

"Blues Eye White Dragon!" It's still cardboard no matter how loud that idiot yells it.

Oh, the topic is C-Control and its dub cast, I almost didn't realize it. Small cast listed, not bad choices but after hearing Masakaki, I can't figure out why I'm hearing Eric Vale. I mean, it's not Eric Vale but I feel like I should be hearing him.

I thought the show itself was fine but it needed a lot of resoultion. Some resolution. For example, I found Jennifer Sato to be oddly endearing {something about her really bad english. It was cute rather than funny} but I guess the show runners couldn't figure out how she fit into the plot so they didn't know why kind of karmic ending she deserved.

spoiler[I'm sticking with the feeling that Mysha is Kimimaro's and Jennifer's offspring as there's this thing called "foreshadowing" and there's just too many details pointing in that direction. Still, it's not as if the show creators cared enough to put her in the epilogue. Oh, I'm not supposed to fixate on her but rather the male lead and the abstract being that is his future? But she was so much more interesting. She also gets one of the most horrific incidents I've seen in recent anime, being eaten alive. Some closure would have been nice, really.]
Alunimus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 5:30 am Reply with quote
Quote:
note the lack of a single positive thing to say about C.
Really? But this show was fun to watch. It had some decent cast of stylish or just crazy characters, some drama, awesome score and well done action scenes. Not to mention that this is friggin' pokemons with economics! It perfectly fits into 11 episodes. It would be boring only if it was some 24-ep. series. But, as you see, it's not.
Tanteikingdomkey

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 8:04 am Reply with quote
[quote="Alunimus"]
Quote:
It perfectly fits into 11 episodes. It would be boring only if it was some 24-ep. series. But, as you see, it's not.

Watch the final two episodes and tell me it perfectly fits. it's fits as well as fractale, which is to say it does not fit at all because the show couldn't pace itself.
Alunimus

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 11:33 am Reply with quote
Tanteikingdomkey wrote:

Watch the final two episodes and tell me it perfectly fits. it's fits as well as fractale, which is to say it does not fit at all because the show couldn't pace itself.
Watched it already and... what's wrong with it? I don't undrstand why you need to look at this series so serious (Pun intend... er, actually not). It's just a shonen with some original ideas and a bunch of strong sides. Of course, it has some weak points and could be more consistant if series had more episodes to show a relationship between some characters. But then again, it could also make "C" more slow-paced show. I just don't think that's a good idea. Maybe I just got used to these strange noitaminA shows with messed-up stories and see their weak sides as something natural. Heh, I dunno.

Anyway, I'll be glad to have this series in a beatiful artbox on my shelf. If only it had a CD with score as a bonus...
ConanSan

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2012 12:55 pm Reply with quote
I agree with the "Show is bad" crowd. Noitamana looked to be on notice between this and Fractale for largely the same reason; being [genre] + Creeper.

In Factale's case it was "What if we made a film like Myazaki with all the Myazaki stuffed with creeper" and in C's case it was "Let's murder children and screw our pokémon!"

It was a bad season for Noitamana a real "Live Action show on Toonami" season of it.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2