• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - New Day Rising

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zawa113

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:10 pm Reply with quote
Well, I can say right now that I'm getting the Persona 3 PSP port/remake thingy, especially if I can control everyone directly. And it's sure to be a new gameplay experience for me as I'll try and get different S.Links and Personas than I did in FES (kinda like Pokemon that way). Hope it has The Answer too.
DigimonTamer

PostPosted: Tue Aug 18, 2009 11:16 pm Reply with quote
Another Persona 3? Really? I really don't see the point to this especially considering that Persona 4 is basically the same game just a million times better.

I think they would have been much better off doing Persona 2.
littlegreenwolf

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:02 am Reply with quote
Persona 3: Mwhahaa, Akihiko doesn't have a prayer now! Twisted Evil Can't wait to see what the girl on girl relationships will be like too. This is brilliant because the introduction of a girl lead turns it into an otome game, and the changes to the story can still bring in old fans, male and female, and the guy players will probably get a kick out of making the girl a lesbian (if they let you do that).

I wonder what the male assistant's name shall be. Henry would be cute I think to go opposite to Elizabeth.
Raoh

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 12:16 am Reply with quote
Inaccuracies in this news post:

Not all PS3's are $299.99 now. The 160GB Uncharted pack only dropped to $399.99. It still dropped $100.00.

Also, BlazBlue already contains character upgrades, including Ragna. You can unlock Unlimited Ragna by beating his story mode. For the other Unlimited characters the same method holds true.
zawa113

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:12 am Reply with quote
littlegreenwolf wrote:
Persona 3: Mwhahaa, Akihiko doesn't have a prayer now! Twisted Evil Can't wait to see what the girl on girl relationships will be like too. This is brilliant because the introduction of a girl lead turns it into an otome game, and the changes to the story can still bring in old fans, male and female, and the guy players will probably get a kick out of making the girl a lesbian (if they let you do that).

I wonder what the male assistant's name shall be. Henry would be cute I think to go opposite to Elizabeth.

Oh, I hope they change some of the S.Links for the girl and give Akihiko the emperor one!
Also, do you think they'll change spoiler[Ryoji] at all? Considering his backstory and whatnot?

I still hope the story doesn't change too radically, the story was the main reason I preferred P3 over P4.

Yep, I am once again glad I got a PSP for xmas season! Now if only someone with half a brain would be kind enough to think to release Patapon 2 on UMD!
bleuster

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:20 am Reply with quote
Todd, next week is the stat of seeing some really interesting games. Are you going to play any of them?

Aug. 25:
Cursed Mountain

Aug. 27:
Nanashi no Game Me
Memories Off

Sept 3:
Love Plus

Sept. 9:
Muramasa: The Demon Blade
The Beatles: Rock Band

Sept. 15:
Nostalgia

Sept. 17:
Idolmaster: Dearly Stars
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:39 am Reply with quote
Somehow I think this looks extremely cool. As in, I'd-like-to-get-my-hands-on-that cool.

That "Squirrel Girl" crack had me chuckling for a minute (not to mention goofily repeating the phrase aloud – good thing I'm the only one in the office at the moment).

If that's the English port of Dissidia you were reviewing (my apologies if it isn't), did you happen to notice whether it has the Japanese voice track included? I don't think I've ever seen this feature on a Square game, but I'll be honest, if I ever get this game, it'd be for the Japanese voice cast.
Tamaria

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 1:56 am Reply with quote
Quote:
EXTRA LIVES: ANIME-BASED GAMES THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN

The world needs a Basara RPG. It could be a bit like Suikoden, with an expanding base and everything <3
Elves

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:14 am Reply with quote
I am appalled that developers can't make a game based on Trigun starring Vash. For one, and probably the most important bit, Vash wouldn't need to kill things - it could have been more of a puzzle game (sorta like a combo of Ico and Oddworld - by a long stretch I know- but with guns and higher paced action). Vash could shoot his guns, but at objects that would impede the movement of whatever was after him. Like shoot a barrel full of water, time it so the water had to be "just right" to make the bad guy slip and fall, etc. I think that instead of running into the fray with guns'a'blazin' the overall idea of a Trigun game would be Vash high-tailin' it outta there with guns'a'blazin'. And eating donuts for power-ups. Can't forget the donuts. lol Very Happy I would have played that!
Cranium

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:27 am Reply with quote
"Persona 3 Portable might mark the shortest time between a game's original release and its PSP port."

Three years is the shortest time yet? You're joking right?
Raven Shinobi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 4:52 am Reply with quote
I too would've preferred if they remade both parts of Persona 2. I wonder if Atlus' hesitance to go through the trouble of bringing it over to the PSP has to do more with the fact that there's already an English patch of Innocent Sin that many people had downloaded rather than the Nazi's appearance in it.

After buying both the original version and FES, I'm not sure if I'll shell out the dough to own another copy of P3 again, especially since I personally consider it the least satisfying game in the series. Unless the female protagonist's story is highly improved over the original.

I have mixed feelings whether to buy Dissidia or not. I didn't mind the English VA for Squall and Ulti, but I was looking forward to hear Romi Paku as Zidane, since I always used her voice in my head for him whenever playing FFIX. Him with a grown-up voice is kind of awkward for me. Akira Ishida was also a spot-on choice for Kuja. If there's no option for Japanese track, then I might import it instead.

I had no idea that Mana Khemia 2 is already out. I remember there being petitions to release this game in English back when the original was released. Gotta preorder it immediately.
Primus

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:08 am Reply with quote
Kind of surprised no mention of the PSP Comic Store, since we all know that it's going to get manga sooner or later.

@classicalzawa : If you have a credit card you can order the Asian, or European release which has English on it. PSP games are region-free so it doesn't matter.

@bluester: He's gonna take a look at that Idolmasters game, good luck, lmao.

Tamaria wrote:
Quote:
EXTRA LIVES: ANIME-BASED GAMES THAT SHOULD'VE BEEN

The world needs a Basara RPG. It could be a bit like Suikoden, with an expanding base and everything <3

Basara is a game that got turned into an anime, not the same.

@Cranium - It's weird that he mentions Mana Khemia 2 (being released in the US next week) having a PSP port on the way, yet says that. I can't imagine Mana Khemia 2 is three years old. Then there is Monster Hunter Portable, and Portable 2 which are ports of the PS2 games, etc.

@Raven Shinobi - The Persona remake for PSP may have not performed up to what Atlus expected. So an easy way to earn cash is to release and enhanced port of the popular games in the franchise.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 5:51 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Then again, I always preferred the sleek second version of the Sega Genesis over the original one (with its volume knob and headphone jack), and no one ever seems to agree with me there.

I suppose the second design does look more fitting for the 1990s, but I sometimes find myself wishing that the second model retained the toggle switch for powering the system, instead of using a push button. The Japanese model included such a component.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Ai no Kareshi

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 6:04 am Reply with quote
Original all the way for me. But I'm not a heavy gamer.
Emerje

PostPosted: Wed Aug 19, 2009 7:00 am Reply with quote
classicalzawa wrote:

I still hope the story doesn't change too radically, the story was the main reason I preferred P3 over P4.

Yes, this is pretty much how I feel. P4 was a fun game, but depending on the ending you got it never felt like the stuff that was going on had much of an impact on the rest of the world outside their small district and kinda made it hard to really care about what was going on. P3 on the other hand felt like the entire world was in danger from the start which made me actually care about the situation. P4's story just felt like a step back and so small in scope compared to P3. I'm definitely looking forward to this remake to try it out with a new female lead.

Raven Shinobi wrote:
I had no idea that Mana Khemia 2 is already out. I remember there being petitions to release this game in English back when the original was released. Gotta preorder it immediately.

Somehow I doubt the petition had anything to do with this being released since the first game had both the PS2 and PSP versions released over here (as well as the three Atelier Iris games). I wouldn't be surprised if the MK2 PSP port wasn't announced for an English release as well early next year. I've got both MK2 and the Dissidia/PSP bundle coming next week, it's going to be quite the week. Anime catgrin Incidentally, RosenQueen, the official NIS store, has as special Mana Khemia 2 set for $50 that comes with both a calendar and an artbook.

As for which version of the Genesis was best, does anyone remember the Genesis 3? Only place I remember seeing that around was at KB Toys. Heck, for that matter, what about the Sega Nomad which was a portable Genesis?

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3