×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Aya Hirano to Sing Dragon Ball Kai Character Song




Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:31 am Reply with quote
Fairy Tail, White Album season 2, and Dragon Ball Kai will make her busy this fall. Congrats on the seiyuu, whose famed role of Haruhi helped increase the moe dread/fandom, on working on an adaptation of one of Japan's greatest series.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vent



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 293
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:59 am Reply with quote
The lack of Satou on the album is probably because Cargo is completely unimportant and dies after like one line of dialogue.

It's pretty interesting when you consider the only reason they're giving Dende a song is because of who's voicing him. It's not like the character is popular or anything.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:40 am Reply with quote
I agree with you. Dende may not be a very popular character but Hirano-san is a real popular seiyuu.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
penguintruth



Joined: 08 Dec 2004
Posts: 8291
Location: Penguinopolis
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:47 pm Reply with quote
Does anyone hope this somehow leads to a video of the DBZ characters doing the Haruhi dance? Er, no, me neither!

Oh, that Dende Suzumiya. Some people think he's God!

Oh wait.


Last edited by penguintruth on Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address My Anime My Manga
TatsuGero23



Joined: 18 Nov 2008
Posts: 1277
Location: Sniper Island, USA (It's in your heart!)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 12:55 pm Reply with quote
Yes, we too see the parrallel of the God joke. But yeah, even though Dende assumes an important role for a side character; its most likely because its Aya Hirano that Dende now gets a song rather then the character's "popularity". But oh well, a Vegeta song sounds hilarious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kaioshin_Sama



Joined: 05 Feb 2005
Posts: 1215
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Yes, we too see the parrallel of the God joke. But yeah, even though Dende assumes an important role for a side character; its most likely because its Aya Hirano that Dende now gets a song rather then the character's "popularity". But oh well, a Vegeta song sounds hilarious.


I think Vegeta already had an image song anyway, which was an incredibly unfitting love ballad. Anyway I wonder if Hirano is going to actually sing the song in character or just sing the song as herself. Something leads me to believe it will be the latter.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website
DarkeSword



Joined: 11 Sep 2006
Posts: 9
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:26 pm Reply with quote
This isn't the first time she's sung something Dragonball related. She sang (as Konata) "CHA-LA HEAD-CHA-LA" for one of Lucky Star's ending karaoke sessions. Smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Lonecow



Joined: 08 Jun 2007
Posts: 52
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 4:58 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Fairy Tail, White Album season 2, and Dragon Ball Kai will make her busy this fall. Congrats on the seiyuu, whose famed role of Haruhi helped increase the moe dread/fandom, on working on an adaptation of one of Japan's greatest series.


Don't forget Queen's Blade Season 2 ! Wink

All kidding aside. Aya is awesome.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Ktimene's Lover



Joined: 23 Apr 2005
Posts: 2242
Location: Glendale, AZ (Proudly living in the desert)
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 7:43 pm Reply with quote
I forgot about the new Queen's Blade season. I am most looking forward to her role in White Album season 2.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address MSN Messenger
Vent



Joined: 22 Aug 2009
Posts: 293
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 8:50 pm Reply with quote
Kaioshin_Sama wrote:
TatsuGero23 wrote:
Yes, we too see the parrallel of the God joke. But yeah, even though Dende assumes an important role for a side character; its most likely because its Aya Hirano that Dende now gets a song rather then the character's "popularity". But oh well, a Vegeta song sounds hilarious.


I think Vegeta already had an image song anyway, which was an incredibly unfitting love ballad. Anyway I wonder if Hirano is going to actually sing the song in character or just sing the song as herself. Something leads me to believe it will be the latter.


Vegeta had a song about cooking

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f6k_JvdKUu0

I am dead serious.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
WatchforMoons7



Joined: 19 Mar 2009
Posts: 529
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 9:00 pm Reply with quote
Dende Image song?! Weiiiiiiirrrrd. I like Dende, but he doesn't have that big BIG of a role, even later.

Yay for Horikawa singing again.

just sing the song as herself

Probably.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Inosaska



Joined: 15 Jan 2005
Posts: 6
PostPosted: Tue Sep 15, 2009 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Nice to see Aya singing this song.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor


Joined: 25 Oct 2003
Posts: 7556
Location: Wales
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:42 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Fairy Tail, White Album season 2, and Dragon Ball Kai will make her busy this fall. Congrats on the seiyuu, whose famed role of Haruhi helped increase the moe dread/fandom, on working on an adaptation of one of Japan's greatest series.

She's also on the cast for Kiddy GiRL-and. How big a role is unknown (it may amount to only a flashback or cameo - her character hasn't apppeared in the manga thus far).
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group