• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sola, True Tears Anime Songs Now on Sale in U.S. iTunes

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:02 am Reply with quote
I have seen sola (another moe looking series) and will buy the song on iTunes for this. Because True Tears deals with incest, I will not buy it or consider watching it. Even though I like ecchi/risque anime/manga, even I have standards of what's going too far.
Annf

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:16 am Reply with quote
Bandai needs to get their Lantis-label songs from shows currently streaming in N.A. (Crunchyroll, ANN, etc.) onto U.S. iTunes pronto. Saki and Aoihana are both Lantis music, for example. And then get some kind of referral link from the individual library pages on Crunchyroll, etc.
wolve3

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:32 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
I have seen sola (another moe looking series) and will buy the song on iTunes for this. Because True Tears deals with incest, I will not buy it or consider watching it. Even though I like ecchi/risque anime/manga, even I have standards of what's going too far.

True Tears barely has any incest. To say the show is about incest is a huge misnomer.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:45 am Reply with quote
PS: when they first launched I asked if they had had any plans to make songs available outside the US and they replied "Yeah, there's a possibility! Stay tuned!".
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:55 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:

True Tears barely deals with incest and when it does it's not in a Sister Princess kind of way. More in a Koi Kaze kind of way. Plus it's a great series.

I will probably be buying the True Tears music
einhorn303

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 10:58 am Reply with quote
Ah, now I see the Bandai connection.
JohnnySake

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:06 am Reply with quote
When I first read the first post, I was a little miffed that there was no spoiler[spoiler] tags being used when talking about could be an impt. plot point. But it seems like I shouldn't have to be worried about my upcoming viewing of True Tears now. Thanks to the other posters clarifying things.

Btw, when I saw the True Tears songs on iTunes, I clicked on 'em right away. I didn't know about sola, I'll have to pick that up tonight.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:09 am Reply with quote
zanarkand princess wrote:
Ctimene's Lover wrote:

True Tears barely deals with incest and when it does it's not in a Sister Princess kind of way. More in a Koi Kaze kind of way. Plus it's a great series.

I will probably be buying the True Tears music

Your defense crumbled when you mentioned Koi Kaze. spoiler[The couple had sex in that title.] Laughing
zanarkand princess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:15 am Reply with quote
I'm aware of what happened in Koi Kaze. My point was that it was tastefully done and thoughtful instead of the way it's treated in most other Bishojo game. By the way, don't go watching True Tears expecting an adaption from the game. The only thing similar is the name
Delpheno

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:38 am Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Because True Tears deals with incest, I will not buy it or consider watching it.

Seriously? Watch the series and look at what you typed, you'll start laughing.
Megiddo

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Ctimene's Lover wrote:
Because True Tears deals with incest, I will not buy it or consider watching it.

Your loss. I'll definitely be getting this, even if the CGI is sometimes really distracting (during the dancing for one).
se37

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:17 pm Reply with quote
I just brought the True Tears songs, I already had them but now I can make a ringtone for them... I'm still waiting for Hare Hare Yukai to come out.[/list]
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
Dorcas_Aurelia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:20 pm Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:

Your defense crumbled when you mentioned Koi Kaze. spoiler[The couple had sex in that title.] Laughing

I think you're misconstruing the intent. The comparison to Koi Kaze rather than Sister Princess is for the delicate nature of the taboo and relationship rather than taking it to the extreme and playing it for comedy. The degree to which the relationship advanced was not the point of comparison.
Ktimene's Lover

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 12:54 pm Reply with quote
For series like Hatsukoi Limited and Akane-eiro, the incest implications I am tolerant with because: the implication doesn't really get touched upon until later in the series or it's unrequited. I choose not to bother watching this because its Encyclopedia entry mentioned incest as one of the themes. However, to each their own.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:30 pm Reply with quote
Dorcas_Aurelia wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

I think you're misconstruing the intent. The comparison to Koi Kaze rather than Sister Princess is for the delicate nature of the taboo and relationship rather than taking it to the extreme and playing it for comedy. The degree to which the relationship advanced was not the point of comparison.

The interpretation of original complaint was that the poster wasn't buying the title because it deals with incest, not because it was a comedy or a drama with incest as a subject matter. In that context, it didn't make any difference (comedy vs. drama) and using Koi Kaze to placate someone was a crumbled defense imo.

I think it takes a strong constitution to survive some scenes in Koi Kaze anyways...
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2