×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Just 4 Days Left to Enter the Pumpkin Carving Contest! • The competition is heating up but there's still time to enter for a chance to win over US$1,000 in anime DVDs and swag! Click to find out how! read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Kai's Japanese Cast Records New Episodes


Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
DmonHiro



Joined: 06 Jan 2007
Posts: 3278
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:44 am Reply with quote
Wait... so they're making the Buu Saga... but it won't air in Japan?
The hell? Shocked
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1247
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:51 am Reply with quote
Meanwhile all the Funimation employees started dancing in their offices and running through the streets upon hearing the news while Gen laughs like a maniac counting his money Laughing

Good news though. Now all the complaints about Kai being "incomplete" can finally stop.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ_



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 2269
Location: Wallington, NJ
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:52 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Good news though. Now all the complaints about Kai being "incomplete can finally stop"


And the complaints over the actual ending continues. Rolling Eyes
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mangamuscle



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 2496
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:56 am Reply with quote
DmonHiro wrote:
Wait... so they're making the Buu Saga... but it won't air in Japan?
The hell? Shocked


Maybe there are no prime time slots available to broadcast it, maybe Toriyama isn't very fond of the Buu saga and asked the studios to not transmit in japan, maybe the financing for doing the buu saga comes from overseas.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1247
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:57 am Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Wait... so they're making the Buu Saga... but it won't air in Japan?
The hell? Shocked


Maybe there are no prime time slots available to broadcast it, maybe Toriyama isn't very fond of the Buu saga and asked the studios to not transmit in japan, maybe the financing for doing the buu saga comes from overseas.


Wouldn't be remotely surprised if Funi pitched in to pay for it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
opn



Joined: 23 Dec 2010
Posts: 904
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 9:58 am Reply with quote
Worst possible thing to wake up too. Goody Rolling Eyes .
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
NJ_



Joined: 31 Oct 2009
Posts: 2269
Location: Wallington, NJ
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
mangamuscle wrote:
DmonHiro wrote:
Wait... so they're making the Buu Saga... but it won't air in Japan?
The hell? Shocked


Maybe there are no prime time slots available to broadcast it, maybe Toriyama isn't very fond of the Buu saga and asked the studios to not transmit in japan, maybe the financing for doing the buu saga comes from overseas.


Wouldn't be remotely surprised if Funi pitched in to pay for it.


Oh please, why would they waste money getting Toei to produce more episodes if the show itself didn't sell for them? They even said themselves that the orange bricks sold more than Kai did.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
redranger



Joined: 13 Sep 2010
Posts: 263
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:03 am Reply with quote
YES. Let's hope this means they're recording all of the buu saga(the best saga). When I found out the buu saga wasn't part of kai, I didn't even bother with it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Saffire
SubscriberSubscriber


Joined: 25 Nov 2007
Posts: 1230
Location: Iowa, USA
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:06 am Reply with quote
NJ_ wrote:
Oh please, why would they waste money getting Toei to produce more episodes if the show itself didn't sell for them? They even said themselves that the orange bricks sold more than Kai did.
But they sold a ton of orange bricks, didn't they? That doesn't seem like a good base for comparison.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime My Manga
Animefan16



Joined: 24 Apr 2004
Posts: 1013
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:07 am Reply with quote
hopefully, we won't have problems with the music like last time.

They could also be making new episodes to promote the upcoming movie which is set after the Buu saga.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kohii



Joined: 12 Nov 2010
Posts: 428
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Worst possible thing to wake up too. Goody Rolling Eyes .


I woke up and the first thing I saw on TV was a political attack ad. Now please, tell me more about your plight.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
I AM THE VAST UNIVERSE



Joined: 11 Nov 2010
Posts: 490
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:10 am Reply with quote
Hell yeah! The impossible has happened! Now just the long wait for Funimation to grab the title and dub it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
malvarez1



Joined: 17 Nov 2008
Posts: 975
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:11 am Reply with quote
Wait, so they're adapting the Buu arc? YES! I now have no reason to hate Kai anymore.

It would be sweet if they surprised us and used whole new animation.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Divineking



Joined: 03 Jul 2010
Posts: 1247
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:13 am Reply with quote
malvarez1 wrote:
Wait, so they're adapting the Buu arc? YES! I now have no reason to hate Kai anymore.

It would be sweet if they surprised us and used whole new animation.


Considering the show's not airing in Japan, I don;t expect Toei to be that nice about newer animation. Heck I'm half expecting the new movie to look like it's from the 80's. You never know with Toei...
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
mangamuscle



Joined: 23 Apr 2006
Posts: 2496
Location: Mexico
PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2012 10:23 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Heck I'm half expecting the new movie to look like it's from the 80's. You never know with Toei...


Do you realize that an 80s style (100% hand drawn and colored characters, no CGI special effects, no 3D models of buildings or cars) would cost Toei more money than doing it 21st century style?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group