• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds X TV/OAV, 5 Initial D Anime Stages

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Myaow

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:19 pm Reply with quote
Hey, cool.

I was kind of hoping for a "total recast" of FMA: Brotherhood to mirror the Japanese version, but I'm not surprised. It will be fun to hear the old cast tackling such different takes on their characters. (And I'm not gonna lie; as long as Laura Bailey is still Lusting it up, I'm perfectly content.)

It's cool that X has been picked up, too, though it wasn't very hard to come by previously (and really, really cheap!)

Ooh, and if Funimation is picking up after Tokyopop now too, can I hope that they're going to pick up some of their other stuff?
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:23 pm Reply with quote
Well, most of the cast is back, which makes me happy, I LOVE YOU VIC!!! Red Dawn! The Risembool Rangers fanclub is gonna explode, I posted the cast list. Brotherhood is definitely going in my collection now, I was sure I was gonna buy it, but now I'm REALLY sure I'm gonna buy it. Note to Penguin of Truth, get over the fact that Vic's in it, thank you.
LeanGreen

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Funimation can really afford to redub Initial D? To be honest, I'm shocked. Is it really that popular, or is someone at Funi a really big fan?

I'm happy about X which I never really got into. This provides a chance to maybe start looking into it.

I'm curious about the new Alphonse Elric voice for FMA: Brotherhood. I really liked Aaron Dismuke in that role, so Maxey's got something to live up to.
hakojo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:26 pm Reply with quote
This would be a perfect place to come in and pitch a hissy fit because why should the FMA dub watchers get all of their favorites back when we who liked the sub didn't? It's distinctly unfair.

...but I'm above such things. Wink
Valetina

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:30 pm Reply with quote
About time Funi got X, but what about Trigun and Chobits.
mglittlerobin

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:32 pm Reply with quote
hakojo wrote:
This would be a perfect place to come in and pitch a hissy fit because why should the FMA dub watchers get all of their favorites back when we who liked the sub didn't? It's distinctly unfair.

...but I'm above such things. Wink

That is a good question, it was up to the Japanese who got cast in the show, I don't know why they didn't get the original Japanese cast back, they made that decision. They know that the reason that FMA is so popular in the States is because of the dub so I guess they wanted it the same. I'm going to crazy all over again. WHEEE!
Charred Knight

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote
I am betting that Aaron is Ling. The voice fits, and it's the "Big Role" which is male. It's also good to see that Funimation's isn't making the same mistake the Japanese made by unecessary recasting just so they could be different. I mean Travis Willingham is perfect for Roy Mustang.
mastertr

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:39 pm Reply with quote
Valetina wrote:
About time Funi got X, but what about Trigun and Chobits.

Let's not forget about Cardcaptor Sakura either Wink
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:43 pm Reply with quote
Ahhh, X TV! That was like the first anime TV series I have ever collected and completed. Good times.
Sheleigha

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:53 pm Reply with quote
Just got the nice X special edition set (the one shaped like a book) last year, so happy with that. Nice to see it coming back! Now, what about CCS? I'm pretty sure that would have been more in demand, of course there may be licensing issues if I recall...
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:56 pm Reply with quote
Thank the lord someone will finally put the bullet to DJ Milky's abomination. Wink
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 2:57 pm Reply with quote
Sheleigha wrote:
Now, what about CCS? I'm pretty sure that would have been more in demand, of course there may be licensing issues if I recall...

Possibly, but also it was originally sub-only; FUNimation would have to dub the whole thing.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:01 pm Reply with quote
I feel late to the party for not realizing Scar had a new VA in the works after the series and Shamballa movie(maybe because I didn't see them). Did Dameon Clarke get too big-headed in Hollywood to come back to FMA? I loved his Scar, and it's a shame Dameon ain't returning to the role.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Aw, damn. Aaron did an excellent job playing Alphonse.
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:02 pm Reply with quote
Same FMA cast sorta off

Last edited by bleachj0j on Fri Sep 25, 2009 3:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 1 of 8