• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Adds Animated Guardians of Luna Project

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Better explanation please! What is this, It has no information anywhere? Is it a Movie?

Wait Shape Shifters? A Picture of a Dragon and a Girl?

Should have known >_>
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:57 pm Reply with quote
Sounds like an anime film with an anime series and manga to follow it.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:10 pm Reply with quote
So, this is like one of the US properties they're funding to have an anime made, right? That's how I took the description and everything anyway. It sounds sorta promising anyway. I'll have to keep listening for more info on this.

Update: Well, I guess it's not part of that after all, according to Update 2. That's odd though...it sounds just like it's part of that plan. What makes this different?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Lemoncookies23

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:46 pm Reply with quote
Gyt Kaliba wrote:
So, this is like one of the US properties they're funding to have an anime made, right? That's how I took the description and everything anyway. It sounds sorta promising anyway. I'll have to keep listening for more info on this.

Update: Well, I guess it's not part of that after all, according to Update 2. That's odd though...it sounds just like it's part of that plan. What makes this different?

Yeah, that doesn't make much sense either. Maybe they planned this beforehand, though.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Mario1234567 wrote:
Better explanation please! What is this, It has no information anywhere?

article wrote:
According to Funimation, "Guardians of Luna is a dark story which centers around an ancient race of shape-shifters with the ability to change into powerful creatures. Four unlikely heroes descended from this once-great race are charged with protecting an ancestral power source from a ruthless mogul."

Mario1234567 wrote:
Is it a Movie?

article wrote:
film

Quote:
Should have known >_>

You took the words out of my mouth.

Further reading, by the magic of clicking a few links on this very site:
animenewsnetwork.com/news/2005-10-07/guardians-of-luna-to-be-co-produced-by-tokyo-kids
http://news.toonzone.net/articles/357/avi-melman-and-michael-reaves-talk-guardians-of-luna
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
firedragon54738

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:10 pm Reply with quote
Wow that sounds cool nothing like shape shifters to make some sound awesome
ChibiGoku

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 6:25 pm Reply with quote
You know, I've been wondering for quite some time what has been happening with this project. Glad to hear that it's moving towards somewhere. From what I recall, they originally still intended to go with the episode route, but for video release, releasing it has "movies". Not sure if that is still on the plan, given the information here. I'll go look for the blog entry that they said this.

EDIT: Found it. This was awhile back, but here's the blog entry. It seems that may have been the plan had that route been successful. So I guess we'll see.
FeralKat

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 7:21 pm Reply with quote
Finally some news on this! I remember I got a flyer for this a few years ago at the Comic Con and didn't hear anything about it since...

As for the shapeshifters, the flyer had a bunch of wolf-men/women on it. Unless something changed that in the production since then.
ikillchicken

PostPosted: Mon Dec 07, 2009 11:12 pm Reply with quote
Okay then, so this has nothing to do with co-production. It's just something they've licensed that happens to have another American company involved. If Reaves is involved this will definitely be something to keep an eye on.
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 2:27 pm Reply with quote
The more I hear on this, the more I look forward to it. It'll be nice to get a cool werewolf or the like story instead of vampires for a change.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Tue Dec 08, 2009 9:30 pm Reply with quote
So ANN has it listed as US TV. Yet the animation is a Japanese firm, the character designs are Japanese, and it will probably air in Japan before it airs in the States (if at all). Since the vast majority of the direction will becoming from Reeves (assuming), I don't really find anything wrong with that, I just find it funny. Laughing Of course if it turns out later that the Japanese had a lot of influence in the direction of the film, then that classification should probably be reversed.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
rinkwolf10

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:13 pm Reply with quote
Dargonxtc wrote:
So ANN has it listed as US TV. Yet the animation is a Japanese firm, the character designs are Japanese, and it will probably air in Japan before it airs in the States (if at all). Since the vast majority of the direction will becoming from Reeves (assuming), I don't really find anything wrong with that, I just find it funny. Laughing Of course if it turns out later that the Japanese had a lot of influence in the direction of the film, then that classification should probably be reversed.

But, that makes no sense, Since Funimation licensed it, it will definitely get a dub and probably release the same time as it does in Japan in the US. I mean the first few words of the artical were that Funimation Licensed the Series (be it a series or a film) and are involved in production. So I have not doubt it will be dubbed and get a quick release here in the US.
Dargonxtc

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:15 pm Reply with quote
Rinkwolf:

I said air on television, not just released.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1