• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: True Tears BD Box with New Epilogue Confirmed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kougeru

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 1:12 pm Reply with quote
something that will never be legally viewable in US. dvds already out there with that bad subtitle only company and no way in hell anyones gonna try to sell such a niche show on bluray here. i wish they just did this from the start tho...was always interested in wth happened to noe
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 5:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about this at the moment, considering I own the DVD set. I hope some kind soul releases the epilogue fansubed for the people who just got completely snowed.
Tratious

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:42 pm Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
Yeah, I'm pretty pissed about this at the moment, considering I own the DVD set. I hope some kind soul releases the epilogue fansubed for the people who just got completely snowed.

you know they mentioned this in November right?

I hope they put english subs on this set I will buy it from Bandai Visual or Bandai Entertainment.
hikaru004

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 7:23 pm Reply with quote
I wonder how much they are paying for it. It's not even offered on amazon jp or cdjapan.
Kruszer

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 9:56 pm Reply with quote
Tratious wrote:
Kruszer wrote:

you know they mentioned this in November right?

I hope they put english subs on this set I will buy it from Bandai Visual or Bandai Entertainment.

....and back then I would have cared about a series I hadn't watched on a format I can't play how much exactly...... Wink

The only thing I care about is the 3 minutes of content I'm now missing, and won't be able to watch.

Besides that, the whole practice of putting "exclusive new features and content" on a later release is really low and underhanded. It's specifically designed to make people purchase the same damn product twice, cheating the consumers. So, no, I'm not going to fall it and buy it twice even if I had the ability to play BD, which I don't or understand Japanese which I don't.
hinatausamakai

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
it really pissed me off that he spoiler[ended up with noe.] i cant believe he actually ended up with that that whats her face chick. i hope that in the epiloge that they show him ending up with her instead.

[Moderator: Spoiler tags added.]
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 10:27 pm Reply with quote
Although I do want to see this new epilogue I found the ending to be satisfying enough, although bitter sweet. Great anime and hopefully there will be a fansub of it.

But not seeing it wouldn't be the end of the world. Smile
Delpheno

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:02 am Reply with quote
Kruszer wrote:
The only thing I care about is the 3 minutes of content

Ten dollars says it'll be up on YouTube a couple weeks after its release.
TheTheory

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 12:13 am Reply with quote
hey hinatausamakai, how about a spoiler warning, eh??
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
hissatsu01

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:19 am Reply with quote
hikaru004 wrote:
I wonder how much they are paying for it. It's not even offered on amazon jp or cdjapan.

24,990 Yen plus shipping, I assume, with no discount since you're buying it direct. So around $270 at the moment - and you have to have a shipping address in Japan.

And what is with the whining about a 3 minute epilogue on a Japanese only release that costs more than 10 times what the US release is available for online? How dare those evil anime companies offer any sort of incentive to purchase a newer release. As if it won't show up fansubbed online within a few days of being released. The sense of entitlement displayed seems to go up as the amount a person is willing to pay goes down.
Spotlesseden

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 4:24 pm Reply with quote
hissatsu01 wrote:
hikaru004 wrote:

24,990 Yen plus shipping, I assume, with no discount since you're buying it direct. So around $270 at the moment - and you have to have a shipping address in Japan.

And what is with the whining about a 3 minute epilogue on a Japanese only release that costs more than 10 times what the US release is available for online? How dare those evil anime companies offer any sort of incentive to purchase a newer release. As if it won't show up fansubbed online within a few days of being released. The sense of entitlement displayed seems to go up as the amount a person is willing to pay goes down.

that's because they they tried to lower the price of those dvd/bluray, the sale didn't go up. it's almost stay the same.

For those company, they don't care about how many copies that they sell. they care about how much money do they get from the sale. If they don't make money, we don't get anime or less anime since alot of companies went out of bussiness already.
Fletcher1991

PostPosted: Mon Jan 04, 2010 6:16 pm Reply with quote
hinatausamakai wrote:
it really pissed me off that he spoiler[ended up with noe.] i can't believe he actually ended up with that that whats her face chick. i hope that in the epiloge that they show him ending up with her instead.

That would be the stupidest thing they could ever do.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1