• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
The X Button - Tried and True

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:13 pm Reply with quote
Even though you told me that that Bayonetta NES game was fake, I still wanted to believe. Someone has a copy of that.

If alone on a desert island and there was only one game you could bring... IT would be squishy tank.

I'm shocked that Deathsmiles actually came out. Pickin that up too.
Kyogissun

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:07 am Reply with quote
Okay, so, Natsume, with these new releases out of the way, we can expect you to announce Rune Factory 3's localization soon...

Right? Anime cry
Clodus

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:21 am Reply with quote
MH3 comes out 2 weeks The demo was such a tease. Also having played previous titles, I just wanted to say that the battle system although seems simplistic is actually much deeper. I've seen people with who have spent over 20k hours on the MH series.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Mario1234567

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:45 am Reply with quote
Monster Hunter3!!!! YOSHA!!! Makee sure you guys buy it Anime smile I am a Nintendo fanboy so believe me when I say Xenoblade is one ugly ass game, but I have been taught that graphics don't make the game. I hope the Last Story looks alot better which I think it will.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
AiddonValentine

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 1:26 am Reply with quote
speaking of Monster Hunter, Hideo Kojima has decided to insert bosses from said series into Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker....I think it's about time he have a serious reflection himself and find out WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED
Wooga

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:31 am Reply with quote
Deathsmiles: that box looks freaking HUGE. Does it come with a 1:1 scale doll or something?
I kinda like the faceplate though.
vampirelich

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 8:37 am Reply with quote
Does anyone, know the US release date for Deathsmiles or ESPgaluda II on 360? I don't have a 360 yet, but am planning to get one this summer.
belvadeer

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:04 pm Reply with quote
That NES Bayonetta is so dang cute <3

Lol, you wouldn't believe how many people I had to explain to about Xenoblade not being a successor to the Xeno-games of past days. Honestly, just because it's got "Xeno" in its title doesn't mean they're related.

ESPgaluda II on the iPhone sounds like a sweet detail, but how much you want to bet that there will be issues of slowdown or graphic glitching?

I really don't get the massive lovefest people have for Monster Hunter. It looks and plays like a MMORPG with constant quests, which pretty much leads me to hate on WoW forever and ever until the end of gaming existence.

Squishy Tank, yeah, uh what?
Reaper gI

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote
vampirelich wrote:
Does anyone, know the US release date for Deathsmiles or ESPgaluda II on 360? I don't have a 360 yet, but am planning to get one this summer.

ESPgaluda II is a JP regionless game no release outside Japan you have to import.
akiodie

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote
if i was alone on a desert island and had to pick games to bring i would choose any game from the soul calibur series... i've been playing for years and i've never beat a whole SC game...
Generic #757858

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:10 pm Reply with quote
AiddonValentine wrote:
speaking of Monster Hunter, Hideo Kojima has decided to insert bosses from said series into Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker....I think it's about time he have a serious reflection himself and find out WHAT THE HECK HAPPENED

I've long since accepted the fact that Kojima is a troll. He just happens to be a troll with a vision and the resources to make it a reality.
braves

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 2:24 pm Reply with quote
Generic #757858 wrote:
I've long since accepted the fact that Kojima is a troll. He just happens to be a troll with a vision and the resources to make it a reality.
And his games (or movies) still come out great. Wink

I think the word "troll" might be a little too harsh....

Naw, not really. He definitely goes off his rocker from time to time. But it's all part of the appeal for me.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
sfried

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:52 pm Reply with quote
Seriously, no news about the new Shantae DSiWare game footage? I thought you were a fan Todd?
Letthemeatraep

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 9:40 pm Reply with quote
I will never understand the appeal of the Monster Hunter games. I played one of the PS2 games and the most recent PSP game and that series just seems like the most tediously pointless time sink I've ever seen. There is simply far too little reward for far too much battling with awkward controls and an even more awkward combat and progression system. I have seen nothing of the Wii game that suggests it will be any different to past efforts.

Sad to say nothing else of interest at all here this week, but I'm not really complaining, I'm currently replaying God of War 3 for the third time tonight after acing Just Cause 2 so I'm all set for the moment I guess, but I'm pretty much just counting the days until Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep and Mario Galaxy 2 at this point. Cannot wait for those two.
Shadowrun20XX

PostPosted: Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:17 pm Reply with quote
akiodie wrote:
if i was alone on a desert island and had to pick games to bring i would choose any game from the soul calibur series... i've been playing for years and i've never beat a whole SC game...
Same here. I always say I'll get around to finishing it, but I never do. There is always something to unlock.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2