• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Dragon Ball Z Kai to Air on TheCW4Kids on Saturdays

Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:11 am Reply with quote
Well, at least everyone who wants to see it and doesn't get Nicktoons, but can't/won't buy the DVDs just yet, now can. I'll probably just stick to the Nicktoons airing myself for now.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Stefnick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:15 am Reply with quote
Hoorah, now I'll be able to watch the series, I don't get Nicktoons.

I realize how a lot of people feel about 4kids anything, but I'm seriously happy for this news, hopefully, the broadcast won't be any (too) different from Nicktoons. (though I guess I wouldn't really know.)
atunderdogk

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:31 am Reply with quote
I don't think the Nicktoons version should be any different from the CW version. I dont see there being a big enough difference between the demographic of each airing to warrant changes.

Although it is kind of weird that it's going to be airing on theCW4Kids, I think it's good because A: at least anime is getting back on television. Even if it's Dragonball Z, its something. And B: this is awesome because I remember the first time I ever watched Dragonball Z, it was Saturday morning on Fox. It has returned to it's original home.
writerpatrick

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 11:57 am Reply with quote
So far we know CW4KIds will be running Dragonball Kai and Magical DoReMi. Not exactly the newest of anime. (Although Kai is recent it's a re-edit of an older series.) Although I have been considering watching Kai recently so I might catch it when CW4Kids airs it.
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:05 pm Reply with quote
So will DBZ Kai be running on 2 both Nicktoons and CW4Kids? I've never heard of The CW4Kids so I don't know if I have it, but I know I have Nick Toons. I've never heard of an anime airing on 2 different networks at once, so I'm a little confused about if DBZ Kai will be airing on both at once, or if Nick Toons got dropped.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:08 pm Reply with quote
It's still airing on Nicktoons, and will start that airing sooner I think. The CW4Kids one starts later in the year I think.

It's definitely airing on Nicktoons though. They're already airing commercials.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
jr240483

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:25 pm Reply with quote
Stefnick wrote:

I realize how a lot of people feel about 4kids anything, but I'm seriously happy for this news, hopefully, the broadcast won't be any (too) different from Nicktoons. (though I guess I wouldn't really know.)

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This is a nigtmare beyond words. Having it on Nicktoons and Naruto Shippuden on Disney was bad enough but DBZ to 4 crap kids of all things??? Are they trying to deliberaterly ruin anime for US hardcore otakus. Cause if they are attempting to draw them to the sub version online , then they are sure doing it cause no thanks to 4kids most of them watch subs only and this will make it even worse. Just like with Shippuden this TV broadcast is another "avoid like the plague" cause knowing 4kids, they'll give the massive edits that they give to anime every time.

One Peice and Shaman King horror the sequel much??? and worse is that just like with OP and Shippuden , streamers are gonna rip the eps and illeagly stream them.

I dont know what the hell Funi is doing but if they dont cgane this decision soon, it's gonna end up like Geneon as well as Central Park Media & ADV Films.

SIX FEET UNDER!!!

Last edited by jr240483 on Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:39 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
LemonCookies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:26 pm Reply with quote
They've got to hook in the next generation of anime fans somehow and DBZ is a natural choice to do that. I'll stick to the DVDs for now, though, so as to avoid the potential edits.
LemonCookies

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:28 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Stefnick wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This is a nigtmare beyond words. Having it on Nicktoons and Naruto Shippuden on Disney was bad enough but DBZ to 4 crap kids of all things??? Are they trying to deliberaterly ruin anime for US hardcore otakus. Cause if they are attempting to draw them to the sub version online , then they are sure doing it cause no thanks to 4kids most of them watch subs only and this will make it even worse. Just like with Shippuden this TV broadcast is another avoid like a plague and just get the uncut dvd.

Wow, overreaction much?
RogueJedi86

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:34 pm Reply with quote
Has it occurred to jr0904 that maybe 4Kids is aware of how reviled their edits to One Piece were, and that maybe 4Kids will learn from that? Maybe 4Kids has laxed up over the years, like how Naruto's censorship on Toonami got weaker over the years. I'm fully aware of 4Kids' infamous track record, but it's not like they were evil people in a board room scheming about how they can best piss off anime fans. Their edits were done with good intents.

Do I really have to defend theoretical 4Kids edits that we don't even know for sure will happen?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
enurtsol

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:36 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Stefnick wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This is a nigtmare beyond words. Having it on Nicktoons and Naruto Shippuden on Disney was bad enough but DBZ to 4 crap kids of all things??? Are they trying to deliberaterly ruin anime for US hardcore otakus.

Hardcore otakus are overrated. Laughing
Asrialys

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:38 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Stefnick wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This is a nigtmare beyond words. Having it on Nicktoons and Naruto Shippuden on Disney was bad enough but DBZ to 4 crap kids of all things??? Are they trying to deliberaterly ruin anime for US hardcore otakus. Cause if they are attempting to draw them to the sub version online , then they are sure doing it cause no thanks to 4kids most of them watch subs only and this will make it even worse. Just like with Shippuden this TV broadcast is another avoid like a plague and just get the uncut dvd.

How is any of this "ruining anime for US hardcore otakus"?
Gyt Kaliba

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 - What you need to remember is that they are JUST airing it. 4Kids isn't doing any decision making, other than further editting maybe, but even so, it'll be up to FUNi to do it, since 4Kids won't be involved in the dubbing of it at all.

I'm surprised they want anything to do with FUNi after losing One Piece to them though. Razz
Daimao Raki

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:41 pm Reply with quote
jr0904 wrote:
Stefnick wrote:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME???? This is a nigtmare beyond words. Having it on Nicktoons and Naruto Shippuden on Disney was bad enough but DBZ to 4 crap kids of all things??? Are they trying to deliberaterly ruin anime for US hardcore otakus.

One Peice and Shaman King horror the sequel much??? and worse is that just like with OP and Shippuden , streamers are gonna rip the eps and illeagly stream them.

SIX FEET UNDER!!!
From a business point of view, young kids are better for business than "hardcore otakus". This move is big and guess what....the DVDs and Blu-Rays are uncut. So TV airings don't meant s***.

Toei was responsible for One Piece being a disaster.
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Mon Apr 26, 2010 12:45 pm Reply with quote
Didn't The Spectacular Spider-Man air in this block?

Daimao Raki wrote:
Toei was responsible for One Piece being a disaster.

Would you be willing to elaborate?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 1 of 5