• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
[todo] Merge: Akihiro Kawamura = Akirishi Kawamura

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia
View previous topic :: View next topic  
386sky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 9:25 am Reply with quote
Akirashi Kawamura is an Kanji misreading error for the Pioneer LDC (all caps in encyclopedia) and Geneon Entertainment producer, Akihiro Kawamura. Please remove this from the encyclopedia.

Last edited by 386sky on Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:48 am Reply with quote
Provide links to the articles man, links! Sources! Some form of evidence!

--edit--

We don't have anyone named "Akirishi" anyway!
If you're pointing out errors on someone else site again I'm going to come over there and spank you..

Heck, Google doesn't even have anyone named Akirishi Kawamura.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
386sky

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:14 pm Reply with quote
You have Akirashi Kawamura in the encyclopedia, which is a Kanji reading error. Please merge Akirashi Kawamura into Akihiro Kawamura.
Dessa

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:01 pm Reply with quote
Where. Is. Your. Proof?
Devil Doll

PostPosted: Tue Jul 20, 2010 1:07 pm Reply with quote
386sky wrote:
You have Akirashi Kawamura in the encyclopedia, which is a Kanji reading error. Please merge Akirashi Kawamura into Akihiro Kawamura.
You misunderstand the concept of "merge".

In ANN, two persons are "merged" when both of their names are correct, such as one being the "current" name and the other a birth name, a former alias/stage name or whatever. The idea of this is that the credits given under both names become visible on the same person page but both names are still available for contributing credits under them, and for each credit the name if was given to can remains visible (which would not be the case if those credits were just given to the other person).
But you need to prove the correctness of both names in order to even have a hope of the merge being performed one day (by dormcat). In most cases, i. e. for all low-level animators and staff, this is nearly impossible as no usable sources with the readings of their names would be available. So a merge will usually be done for a director or a seiyuu. For an example of a (hopefully) reasonable merge request see this thread. And for an example where a merge was performed see this person (who is even accessible for contribution under the kanji of both names).

In the case of Akirashi Kawamura (who has been purged of all credits already) you claim this to be a kanji reading error, i. e. a wrong name (reading). In this case the persons are not merged but the credits are
  • flagged as error (by a contributor),
  • added to the correct person (by a contributor), and finally
  • hidden (by an encyclopedist).
So the procedure for this (according to my nomenclature...) would have been to do a "Purge request of Akirashi Kawamura" (i. e. hiding all of his credits) as final step, i. e. after they've been flagged as error and added to Akihiro Kawamura by the contributor.
386sky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 23, 2010 6:14 pm Reply with quote
Google for "一騎当千 Great Guardians" "背景" background credits for Ikkitousen Great Guardians gives more than 204,000 results.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Encyclopedia All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1