• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: 4Kids Adds Yu-Gi-Oh! 3D: Bonds Beyond Time Anime Film

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:17 pm Reply with quote
Quote:
4Kids plans to release the film in 3D theaters in "select markets" in early 2011, followed by a television premiere and a DVD release.
YES!!!! I'm going to try and see the movie in theaters (If it's showing at one near me). But, I'm glad to know it's getting a TV premiere and I'm extremely happy to hear about a DVD release!!!! I really want this movie on DVD!!! Very Happy
animeroxsmysoxs

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 12:53 pm Reply with quote
I already saw this coming (It was sort of obvious that 4Kids would the the License...)

The movie looks bad-ass, btw :]
Ghstmtrx

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:08 pm Reply with quote
Awesome...thats right I said awesome.

Actually looking forward to this release. I feel there might be some sort of nostalgia involved by watching this. I HOPE IT GETS A DUB. Oh wait, 4kids. I am sure it will. Of course that means there is also the possibility that it will not have japanese audio with subtitles. But regardless, I have some kind of mysterious, uncontrollable urge to pick this up. (Just hope as far as the dub goes they do use the original voice actors for all returning characters.)

Who knows, this film might inspire me to pick up my deck again. I thought I moved on Yu-Gi-Oh. But you keep pulling me back in!!
the-antihero

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 3:19 pm Reply with quote
Expected but not touching it at all,

4Kids dubbing = ear-bleeding

And I usually prefer dubs anyway, I'll wait for the Blu-Ray to come out.
Flame-G102

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 4:16 pm Reply with quote
I cant seem to find this online anywhere. i have no interest in watching the butchered 4kids Yugioh

yeah. We all knew this was coming, but come on, this is 4kids.

ill keep searching online thank you very much.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:45 pm Reply with quote
They said Judai instead of Jaden in the official press release...Konami had a trailer for the series subbed...4 Kids launched Toonzaki today...and they apparently have a new DVD distributor.

They might actually be considering a bilingual release for this. It wouldn't be too far out there for an assumption, given that they are still in a stage of desperation.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:58 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:

They might actually be considering a bilingual release for this. It wouldn't be too far out there for an assumption, given that they are still in a stage of desperation.

I will be unbelievably surprised if that happens.
InnocentSorrow59

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:11 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
Divineking wrote:

They're having money troubles, appealing to the more hard core fans who prefer subs is a smart move. (If they intend to that is.)

My only problem is that I am unable to fit references to all three yugioh series in abridged style in a sentence that will still make sense.

Obligatory abridged reference: So they'll be playing a children's card game ON MOTORCYCLES with a Mary-sue whose hair is a kuriboh.
garfield15

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:15 pm Reply with quote
InnocentSorrow59 wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
Divineking wrote:

They're having money troubles, appealing to the more hard core fans who prefer subs is a smart move. (If they intend to that is.)

My only problem is that I am unable to fit references to all three yugioh series in abridged style in a sentence that will still make sense.

Obligatory abridged reference: So they'll be playing a children's card game ON MOTORCYCLES with a Mary-sue whose hair is a kuriboh.

You forgot to add IN 3-DEEEEEEE!
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:17 pm Reply with quote
garfield15 wrote:
Divineking wrote:

If that were to happen then they should have no excuse for not releasing a bilingual version of Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters TV on DVD/Boxset. I loathe the 4Kids dubbed version of Yu-Gi-Oh yet would buy the boxsets if they offered Japanese with English subs. But here's hoping for a miracle.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:39 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
Divineking wrote:

If that were to happen then they should have no excuse for not releasing a bilingual version of Yu-Gi-Oh Duel Monsters TV on DVD/Boxset. I loathe the 4Kids dubbed version of Yu-Gi-Oh yet would buy the boxsets if they offered Japanese with English subs. But here's hoping for a miracle.

I don't know if they were able to get the okay to use the Japanese version of Duel Monsters over here thanks to the issue with Yugi's seiyuu...but 4 Kids did mention putting the subbed version of the show on Toonzaki, so I guess it's possible.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:43 pm Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
Rukiia wrote:
garfield15 wrote:
Divineking wrote:

I don't know if they were able to get the okay to use the Japanese version of Duel Monsters over here thanks to the issue with Yugi's seiyuu...but 4 Kids did mention putting the subbed version of the show on Toonzaki, so I guess it's possible.

Again, here's hoping for a miracle. Anime hyper

If they did do a dual audio release for the movie then why not the TV series? It just wouldn't make sense as Yugi's seiyuu is in the movie. Confused
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
malvarez1

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:46 pm Reply with quote
Ooh, I can't wait! I really wanna see this in a theater so badly. Very Happy

Still, if not in a cinema, than buying it on DVD will be fine too.
Tokimemofan

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 2:17 am Reply with quote
My prediction of the quality of the release: BEEP BEEP BEEP *CRUNCH*
britannicamoore

PostPosted: Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 pm Reply with quote
Is it just me or is that a impossible angle that Yami has his arm in?
There is some odd part of me that wants to see this movie. I love Yami Yugi and Yūsei. The other kid sort of bugs me.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2