• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
MMORPG Anime

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 5:01 am Reply with quote
Hey all I am looking for new MMORPG anime, so far I know about .hack and Ragnarok but what other anime is there that is based on this theme out there. Please tell me some new series and how good you think they are.

~trackstar1013~
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Sun Apr 10, 2005 12:24 am Reply with quote
Anyone?
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website MSN Messenger My Anime My Manga
Draco69au

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 10:12 am Reply with quote
Try Lain its not exactly a simulated MMORPG but its quite simmular in a few respects revolving around a game called The Wired
radicaledward

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 1:14 pm Reply with quote
Draco69au wrote:
Try Lain its not exactly a simulated MMORPG but its quite simmular in a few respects revolving around a game called The Wired
Umm, in Lain the Wired wasn't a game, it was another name for the Internet with a different protocol system in use (as opposed to TCP/IP). The only online game in Lain was the FPS that the kids were playing.
The Frankman

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 8:57 pm Reply with quote
trackstar1013 wrote:
Hey all I am looking for new MMORPG anime, so far I know about .hack and Ragnarok but what other anime is there that is based on this theme out there. Please tell me some new series and how good you think they are.

~trackstar1013~

The problem is that though the idea has been thrown about I don't believe that genre officially exists. I often wonder about stuff that was mentioned in .hack//SIGN spoiler[Such as Bear's thought on what happened to the game world he would play in as a child when he turned the game off], and that's what attracted me to the series. Serial Experiments Lain may be the closest thing to it, but you may want to try this http://www.avalon-movie.com/. It's not Japanese anime but you may like it.
Emerje

PostPosted: Mon Apr 11, 2005 9:19 pm Reply with quote
I still say they should make a FFXI anime that follows either the prestory or the best parts of the in game story. I'd be all over that.

Emerje
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Draco69au

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 1:19 am Reply with quote
i suppose that means you've seen .hack//Legend then but then there aint too much exepect some episodes in Yu-Gi-O where they are traped in some sort of virtural reality program (which happens twice actually) but then thats Yu-Gi-O when 5mins is like 3 episode and they talk too much so i dont really recomend that option.
trackstar1013

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:21 pm Reply with quote
Acctully I have seen all of the dot hack series except .hack//gift and yu-gi-oh just doesnt do it for me. I wish that there was more MMORPG anime but I guess from the lack of responces that this is it.
ZeroRyoko1974

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 5:51 pm Reply with quote
.hack//gift is on the 4th .Hack game (not worth buying the game for the anime disc). Its an amusing little short, with some ecchi spots at the end Very Happy
Glory Questor

PostPosted: Tue Apr 12, 2005 6:26 pm Reply with quote
Have you checked out Dragon Drive yet? It's an MMORPG-like anime. Smile

ZeroRyoko1974 wrote:
.hack//gift is on the 4th .Hack game (not worth buying the game for the anime disc)

Just to voice the minority opinion, the .hack games are great. Reminds me a lot of PSO, which I also liked. Wink
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1