• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Blue Exorcist Manga Gets TV Anime Green-Lit

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Divineking

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:27 am Reply with quote
That was fast...but not really surprising. It's ranked consistently high in Jump Square's rankings so it was only a matter of time. I look forward to seeing it.

I wonder who's animating it though...Pierrot again?
Xman6699

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 8:35 am Reply with quote
I read this manga whenever it comes up, it has alot of great aspects to be a good story, I just hope they will do a good job in making the anime.
egoist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:15 am Reply with quote
Interesting. Since he's the son of Satan I just hope they do formulate some religious discrimination against him; even if it's just one single episode/arc.
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:09 am Reply with quote
Wow! This is… surprising! But a very welcome surprise! I hope they get a solid crew working on it. I look forward to seeing this when it comes out!
Anime Remix

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:14 am Reply with quote
Well, this is something to look forward to. Can't wait until Viz released the first volume in April! Wink
bahamut623

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:16 am Reply with quote
Divineking wrote:
That was fast...but not really surprising. It's ranked consistently high in Jump Square's rankings so it was only a matter of time. I look forward to seeing it.

I wonder who's animating it though...Pierrot again?

Geeze, I hope not.
There's so few chapters, though. This will be probably be quite filler laden and no longer than 26 episodes. But I hope it's good. I've been interested in this mangaka for a few years now(I'm still hoping someone will bring over Robo & Usakichi), so I'm glad to see her doing well.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 11:35 am Reply with quote
26 episodes and full of filler? I think so.

Seriously, the series started in 2008. There's no way they'll be able to adapt this properly. Confused
mangamuscle

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 12:10 pm Reply with quote
Jaymie wrote:
26 episodes and full of filler?

More like 13 episodes and an OVA, looking to do a second season and a movie later on (if ratings are high enough). Filler episodes nowadays are reserved for big shots on the level of Naruto.
Jaymie

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 1:18 pm Reply with quote
mangamuscle wrote:
Jaymie wrote:
26 episodes and full of filler?

More like 13 episodes and an OVA, looking to do a second season and a movie later on (if ratings are high enough). Filler episodes nowadays are reserved for big shots on the level of Naruto.

Tegami Bachi, another Jump SQ series, was 26 episodes and full of filler.
Cutiebunny

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 4:10 pm Reply with quote
I hope Madhouse does the animation. They're very good with movement and I think that's essential considering how often Rin gets into fights.

I like the storyline - it has a lot of potential. Sometimes you just want an action packed adventure without a heavy dose of philosophy.

Egoist, at least in the manga, there is a lot of prejudice against Rin.

Since it might be a spoiler to some...

spoiler[When Rin's ability was discovered, several characters debating on killing him. Allowing him into the academy was not a popular idea. Rin's half-brothers either want to nurture him to see his potential or kill him, and Rin's own brother (Yukio) seems to be harboring a deep resentment because the girl he likes, Shiemi, notices Rin more than him.]
Rukiia

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 9:02 pm Reply with quote
This looks pretty interesting. I might have to check it out. Maybe pick up a volume of the manga, when its available in English, to test the waters.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
population_tire

PostPosted: Sat Nov 27, 2010 10:58 pm Reply with quote
Wow. Sounds like every other manga ever made ever.
Dragynstorm

PostPosted: Sun Nov 28, 2010 1:01 am Reply with quote
bahamut623 wrote:
Geeze, I hope not.
There's so few chapters, though. This will be probably be quite filler laden and no longer than 26 episodes. But I hope it's good. I've been interested in this mangaka for a few years now(I'm still hoping someone will bring over Robo & Usakichi), so I'm glad to see her doing well.

YES YES YES ROBO & USAKICHI IS MY FAVORITE. I dream of the day it's licensed and given a fantastic, gorgeous release.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1