• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: David Production Makes Hyperdimension Neptunia the Animation

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
TarsTarkas

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:49 am Reply with quote
Happy to see this, hopefully the anime will do justice to the characters.
Though, weird name for a Japanese production company.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:53 am Reply with quote
Um...looking at their encyclopedia entry, these guys mostly deal with in-between animation, so...I hope that doesn't affect the quality of this anime.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:54 am Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
Um...looking at their encyclopedia entry, these guys mostly deal with in-between animation, so...I hope that doesn't affect the quality of this anime.

Thats just because they are a newer studio.. typically to get your foot in the door, you need to take on in-between animation and stuff like that first. Even well known companies still do in-betweens for other shows often though, its just not something you really know other than seeing their names in the credits. In the last couple years they've gotten established enough to do series on their own though, like Ben-To, Inu x Boku and JoJos Bizarre Adventure.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 12:57 am Reply with quote
I... thought this piece of news was already mentioned. Eh, whatever. Slightly off-topic question, that effect with that character's eye, what is that called again? I heard the name of it recently, but now it escapes me. It's that same affect you would see on the headlights of cars if you took pictures of them when speeding.
configspace

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 5:05 am Reply with quote
I think it's safe to say NISA basically has the license for this too, right?

That would be another one that doesn't fit their usual past anime profile, though more in line with the game profile.
Shiroi Hane
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 8:49 am Reply with quote
TarsTarkas wrote:
Though, weird name for a Japanese production company.

"We are not one of the largest studios, but we love the challenge of creating a good animation with great storytelling & characters that attract the global audience. We love the story of “David and Goliath” where David overcame his challenges by his creative acumen.
"Also, David is the acronym of “Design Audio & Visual Illusion Dynamics.” We believe that this signifies our value where we create animation with impact."

Chagen46 wrote:

They were lead on Bantorra, Inu x Boku, Jojo's and Ben-to.
If you look at even Kyoto Animation for example, you'll see their second string roles dominate the list.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
darkchibi07

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:14 am Reply with quote
configspace wrote:
I think it's safe to say NISA basically has the license for this too, right?

That would be another one that doesn't fit their usual past anime profile, though more in line with the game profile.

Somewhere in the back of my mind, I think Sentai might get this one, and they'll give this to Bang Zoom! in order for the cast to reprise their roles.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Fri Dec 28, 2012 10:28 am Reply with quote
I hope that Sentai grabs this one. But hey, even Funi has a chance if it's fanservicey enough.
Tetosan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:44 am Reply with quote
I sure hope it will be awesome

But i have to say that ANN didn't check their facts Anime hyper

Not all 3 Games are about the Console wars

The first game is about the Console wars

Second game is about Bootleg and Cheating (As they don't have a War at all (else the Oracle's wouldn't get along that well Anime hyper)

Third game is ... idk i keept myself spoilfree to enjoy it when it's released *w*
Panzer Vor

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2013 12:04 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
I hope that Sentai grabs this one. But hey, even Funi has a chance if it's fanservicey enough.

If it's Sentai, then I hope they're courteous enough to bring back the original cast from the games, like what they did with Persona 4. I would not trust Funimation to show the same amount of consideration, though they probably would if the outcry was strong enough (see Hellsing Ultimate, Slayers).
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1