• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
Bleach continuation idea (WARNING: Spoilers!)

Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Lordziba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 3:34 am Reply with quote
Hi, I was watching some recent episodes in which Ichigo defeated Sosuke Aizen by using the final attack. As the result he lost his powers, temporarily. Well, what I gathered, he going to regain them again and so on. I was thinking, what if his zanpakuto Zangetsu indeed died and instead the other hollow spirit would take over. Well, I would some changes though, first the sword -- zanpakuto would be different (no more Zangetsu) and his outfit and attacks would be similar to the arrancars. Oh, since the hollow too crazy, just like Chad presents Ichigo with a chance to regain his Soul Reaper powers, somebody gave him an ability to control his hollow.

I know this kind of crazy, but imagine Ichigo looking somewhat like arrancar with entirely new powers, thanks to Vizored and holophication. Any opinions welcomed!
damien007

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 5:37 am Reply with quote
Im not entirely sure what you are getting at but you know the bleach manga has already continued on from where the anime has stopped right? I havn't read it personally but if youre trying to figure out what happens to ichigo's powers you should look into the manga. Im sorry if i didn't answer your question but i don't quite get what youre looking for.
Lucky_Smrt

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:50 am Reply with quote
Yes, they have continued from the arrancar arc in the manga.

I don't know if you want to provoke some spoilers about manga, but this is anime section. There is separate section for the manga on this forum.
Ask there.
Remember, Bleach anime follows plot based on manga, as do most of the anime series.
egoist

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:53 am Reply with quote
Lord_Ziba wrote:
spoiler[Well, what I gathered, he going to regain them again and so on.]

spoiler[He didn't lose his powers.] Don't worry, I could easily see Bleach going up to episode 1000 as long as it keeps profiting like this.
Lordziba

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 11:56 am Reply with quote
Thank you guys! But no, I did not read any Bleach manga, I do not read manga at all unless it has art section. It's odd, but usually something like Bleach not my style of anime at all, I am strictly military sci-fi akin to Gundam or Macross. However, for some reason I do follow Bleach (the anime part at least) religiously. I guess I like militaristic approach in fighting ghosts or hollows. By being said above, what I was getting into ALTERNATIVE Ichigo gain powers idea. In my version let say Zangetsu died, final attack killed him, no more... However, if everybody remember the Shūsuke Amagai battle with Ichigo where the rest of Captains could not use their power? Well Ichigo could since the hollophication. So, I was thinking if there no more Zangetsu, what if he got an ability to control his hollow inside (the very same who defeated Ulquiorra Cifer), then as the result his combat form changed. Just like arrancar from that point on he can fight with the masc on only and obviously the sword (maybe not a zanpakuto?) regain different shape. That was I had in mind. I kind of learn about the next group and so on, just wonder if it is would be cool to see Ichigo in different form, maybe as arrancar due to the "death" of Zangetsu?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> General -> Anime All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1