• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Funimation Channel On Demand Now on U.S. Charter Cable

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lheiskell
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:30 pm Reply with quote
‎(cough...cough) www.getfunimationchannel.com {nudge, nudge}

Lance Heiskell
Your Friendly Neighborhood FUNImation Guy and Shameless Promoter.
Sanosuke_Inara

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 pm Reply with quote
^Wow. 2 shameless plugs from 2 different industry peeps only a few hours from each other. Feelin' lucky today. Laughing
The King of Harts

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:35 pm Reply with quote
lheiskell wrote:
‎(cough...cough) www.getfunimationchannel.com {nudge, nudge}

F-CKING DONE! I need you guys on DirecTV.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:39 pm Reply with quote
It's about time Very Happy
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:43 pm Reply with quote
Its been on Charter for about two weeks now, but it seems many people are having trouble signing up for it.
DerekTheRed

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:49 pm Reply with quote
Sanosuke_Inara wrote:
^Wow. 2 shameless plugs from 2 different industry peeps only a few hours from each other. Feelin' lucky today. Laughing

Where is the other?

Edit: Never mind, found it.

Last edited by DerekTheRed on Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Ggultra2764
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:51 pm Reply with quote
You'll make me a happy camper if you hop back onto DISH Network. It's been a few years since the channel block jumped ship from Colours TV.
Aura Ichadora

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:58 pm Reply with quote
I've been begging for years for Funimation Channel to be carried on Time Warner Cable. I get the feeling if it does though, my mom would NEVER get the TV back from me. Anime hyper
SDAnimeFan

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:08 pm Reply with quote
Just placed a request for DirecTV to get the channel
everydaygamer

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:31 pm Reply with quote
how long till funimation channel makes it to Canada? would love to see it on shaw direct.
chefneer
Aria Company

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:38 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see the FUNIchannel is finaly getting some exposure. I've had it for five years and they've had some pretty good shows. Don't know why it's taken the other carriers so long to start picking it up though. They've currently got FMP and Casshern Sins on, in addition to Eden of the East and several others. Congrats to Charter subscribers, it's worth seven bucks a month.
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 10:59 pm Reply with quote
I had the FUNimation channel for about a week because U-Verse was giving it and some others out so people could see some more "premium" content in hopes of upgrading. Even free, I'd never want it. Random episode ordering, the same 10 to 15 or so shows repeating indefinitely, no movies or OVAs to speak of. Kind of like Zac and others pointed out in that latest podcast, separate channels for each and every company, like proprietary manga viewers and subscriptions, would be beyond frustrating and annoying. And unless Direct-TV or other service providers have better content guides, I had absolutely no idea what episode I would be watching in a series, because U-Verse doesn't give that information. Even for free, it was a bad experience. Maybe an on-demand system works the best because then you do know what episodes you're on.
SeigiNoSenshi

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:34 pm Reply with quote
I did that "Get Funimation Channel" back when it was on a broadcast basis, and my cable picked it up, though unfortunately it involved upgrading by 3 packages that cost FAR more than a single channel would justify, clearly no one bought it, so they dropped it, makes me sad, even though I own a LOT of DVDs, I'd want the VOD (actually a REAL channel would be nice, or at least a randomized stream where I can output to my TV and not have to get up to fullscreen it again after every episode), but not a big fan of the way my cable handles Anime Network VOD either (is it supposed to look like someone has a camera trained on a Youtube video?)
TheGameNinja

PostPosted: Mon Jan 31, 2011 11:45 pm Reply with quote
That's nice. I'm happy about it. But I probably won't use it much. Please give us Charter folks the actual 24/7 channel. I would probably watch that nonstop. :3
Covnam

PostPosted: Tue Feb 01, 2011 12:25 am Reply with quote
Definately wouldn't mind getting the 24/7 channel on Cablevision. I already have The Anime Network on demand... I couldn't keep up with a second VOD network every week. Not that I couldn't try Wink Just start all series at episode 1. Never understood how VOD service could start on a new network and use another networks in progress schedule.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3