• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: New Steins;Gate PS3/Xbox 360 Game's Opening Streamed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Kirkdawg
Subscriber

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:10 am Reply with quote
So...it appears Steins;Gate was successful enough to warrant a reasonable milk session it seems.

That's good, right?
Mesonoxian Eve

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 6:39 am Reply with quote
I'm going to go out on a limb here to say this isn't coming to the US or elsewhere, right? It's just a Japanese release?

I'm asking because it states there's a release on the 360, and it's hard to fathom the 10 owners are going to buy it for this version rather than their PS3.

Heh.
Mirri

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:
I'm going to go out on a limb here to say this isn't coming to the US or elsewhere, right? It's just a Japanese release?

I'm asking because it states there's a release on the 360, and it's hard to fathom the 10 owners are going to buy it for this version rather than their PS3.

Heh.

Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate had limited exclusive time with the Xbox 360, they had their development subsidized by Microsoft. It's sort of a Science Adventure Series thing now, to be multiplatform.
ninjapet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:01 am Reply with quote
Kirkdawg wrote:
So...it appears Steins;Gate was successful enough to warrant a reasonable milk session it seems.

That's good, right?

I wouldn't really consider this to be milking the series because most of of the stories they're writing for this are going to be part of the main timeline. Okabe's been confirmed to have two stories, the first one being comic in nature but the second one is most likely to match the tone of the others. spoiler[Since Moeka's story is canon with the ending where she kills herself, and Mayuri's is following up with chps 9/10 of the game / eps 20-22 of the anime.]
ianiceboy

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:20 am Reply with quote
I like the animation in this better than the anime's opening, but I like the anime's song better.
terminus24

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 10:45 am Reply with quote
Hoping this gets an anime, as I doubt this game will ever officially get out of Japan, but there probably will be a fan translation.

Anyways, really like the opening. Hope this is as good as the first S;G.
superdry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
Mirri wrote:
Mesonoxian Eve wrote:

Heh.

Chaos;Head and Steins;Gate had limited exclusive time with the Xbox 360, they had their development subsidized by Microsoft. It's sort of a Science Adventure Series thing now, to be multiplatform.

Also, the 360 has carved out it's own niche in Japan - visual novels (not so much these days, but for many years) and shmups. So, there are people who will buy it for the 360.
RyanSaotome

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2013 11:22 am Reply with quote
superdry wrote:
Also, the 360 has carved out it's own niche in Japan - visual novels (not so much these days, but for many years) and shmups. So, there are people who will buy it for the 360.

Its basically an otaku system. It was interesting in Neptunia, the Xbox land was full of otaku and idol stuff, and the Xbox girl was a NEET who collected figurines and watched anime all day. It was like the opposite of what you'd expect out of the Xbox in the West.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1