• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Hunter X Hunter Anime to Air Chimera Ant Arc

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ToaruLL

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:34 am Reply with quote
One Word:

Hunteristic!!!!!
Mad_Scientist
Subscriber

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:39 am Reply with quote
Good news, though I'm not sure that I'd consider this a "shocking announcement", if it's supposed to be that. Considering the original HxH anime (if you count the OVAs) adapted up to the end of the Greed Island arc, it would be kind of odd for the new anime to only go that far as well. It would make it a bit redundant. So I've always assumed the new anime would go beyond that. Still, it's nice to have t confirmed.
dan9999

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 5:40 am Reply with quote
Agreed, it was expected since HxH revival was announced.
danilo07

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:03 am Reply with quote
I am not HunterxHunter fan at all but I consider Chimera Ant Arc to be one of the most intelligent,powerful,bizzare and tragic shonen I have read.I will definitely jump on bandwagon of HxH once this arc starts airing.
RAmmsoldat

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:19 am Reply with quote
I should really just bite the bullet and get the manga of this, hard to get volumes be damned i'll go online and read the scans to fill the gaps if need be.
OrangeVision

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:21 am Reply with quote
Hardly unexpected, I would've been actually surprised if they didn't continue after the greed island arc. I kinda thought the big part of the reason the new anime even exists is that the manga had loads of untapped potential the first one didn't touch.

But confirmation is pretty cool I guess.
Divineking

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 7:39 am Reply with quote
Yeah this was pretty much to be expected but the confirmation is nice. Frankly I'm more curious about what they'll do when the arc is over since there's one mini arc after that and then their out of source material again unless Togashi comes back soon. Of course spoiler[the ending to that mini arc would actually make a fairly acceptable ending to the show if they wanted to end it there and wait for the manga to end before animating the rest.]
sainta

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:20 am Reply with quote
Finally new stuff! I wonder if it will use censorship cos this arc a lot of violent scenes.
Gasero

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:31 am Reply with quote
Perhaps they were just trying to hype the announcement for readership, but I would not call it 'shocking' that the new anime will continue past the old one.

It would actually be more shocking if it did not. That would render the new anime pointless if it did not do more than the old one.

I'm glad HxH is doing well enough to continue.
Thatguy3331

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 8:34 am Reply with quote
It was only a matter of time really, but its nice to have confirmation...now there's just one more thing we need confirmation on... *glares at Togashi* Evil or Very Mad
bleachj0j

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:09 am Reply with quote
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Good news, though I'm not sure that I'd consider this a "shocking announcement", if it's supposed to be that.

It never said that. It mentioned a new anime project
StrawHat313

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:26 am Reply with quote
I'm around the 30 episode mark on the 2011 version, and i had heard rumors that this arc is gory and really breaks the vibe of HxH with it's over the top violence. Looks like when I catch up I'll find out if it's true.

Though anticipation already killed me and I saw something eating a characters brain on this arc, that's pretty messed up.
xScar

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:46 am Reply with quote
StrawHat313 wrote:
I'm around the 30 episode mark on the 2011 version, and i had heard rumors that this arc is gory and really breaks the vibe of HxH with it's over the top violence. Looks like when I catch up I'll find out if it's true.

Though anticipation already killed me and I saw something eating a characters brain on this arc, that's pretty messed up.

It is no more gory than spoiler[massacres of people at Yorknew or exploding bodies during GI] (events in earlier arcs).

Weird that they are showing some of the ants designs already, even if it looks like Togashi's original work. Should be more than a few episodes in before some of those appear.
Egan Loo

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 9:54 am Reply with quote
bleachj0j wrote:
Mad_Scientist wrote:
Good news, though I'm not sure that I'd consider this a "shocking announcement", if it's supposed to be that.

It never said that. It mentioned a new anime project

As mentioned in the previous ANN article, Weekly Shonen Jump specifically teased a "shocking announcement." It did not mention an entirely new anime project; that is a mistranslation. That is also why the magazine said that the announcement was connected to the television anime.
Hawkwing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2013 10:26 am Reply with quote
Well i'm glad that they didn't cancel the series. I became nervous when i read the "chocking announcement" last week.
Hopefully they reduce the censorship when they enter that arc or earlier if that's possible.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3