• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: 2013 Gintama Film's Title, Date, 1st Visual Revealed

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 1:47 am Reply with quote
Going by the title and visual, this is going to be good. Finally a proper version of that 2008 3 minute joke trailer? :p
WANNFH

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 4:18 am Reply with quote
Quote:
Gintama: The Movie: The Final Chapter: Be Forever Yorozuya

All Yamato movie names in the single joke which said by Gintoki in one episode several years before now inspired a real name of the Gintama movie.

Sunrise, you really made it again.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:43 am Reply with quote
PLEASE BE ABOUT GINTOKI'S PAST AND THE ORIGINAL BATTLE WITH THE AMANTO!!!
opn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:15 am Reply with quote
Please don't let this be a way to end the anime...but then again its probably just another troll Razz either way the movie should be pretty amazing. Im expecting to see a trailer at the end of the last episode of the current season.
vulcanraven01

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:32 am Reply with quote
opn wrote:
Please don't let this be a way to end the anime...but then again its probably just another troll Razz either way the movie should be pretty amazing. Im expecting to see a trailer at the end of the last episode of the current season.

The director of the TV series has already said they started to animate following Gintama arcs but TV Tokyo are the ones that advised to end the show for the time being after March.
Safe to say it will return again at some point.
Agent355

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:43 am Reply with quote
I'm a bit nervous about the "Final Chapter" part of the title, but Gintama's been doing well, so I really doubt the movie is the last we'll see of it animated. There are still some manga arcs that haven't been animated yet and if the reruns haven't been getting good ratings, I don't blame 'em for taking another break.
opn

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 9:50 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:
I'm a bit nervous about the "Final Chapter" part of the title, but Gintama's been doing well, so I really doubt the movie is the last we'll see of it animated. There are still some manga arcs that haven't been animated yet and if the reruns haven't been getting good ratings, I don't blame 'em for taking another break.

Gintama is probably the only day time shonen where ratings matter jack s*it. The dvd sales are good enough where it could be doing worse then late night shows and still be getting more and more seasons.
kazziyan

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 10:20 am Reply with quote
Agent355 wrote:

I think this only applies to the movie. But again, I doubt it's the final movie, too and maybe just concluding something regarding the story.
TsukasaElkKite

PostPosted: Wed Mar 13, 2013 2:56 pm Reply with quote
There's gonna be another film?
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1