×
  • remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Sword Art Online Inspires Girls Ops Manga


Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Author Message
neonie



Joined: 22 Sep 2012
Posts: 27
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:32 pm Reply with quote
No spoiler[Shion]?
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
ConanSan



Joined: 13 Jun 2007
Posts: 1818
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 3:59 pm Reply with quote
Really, any story set in Alfhiem is better than Fairy Dance's
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
FireChick
Subscriber



Joined: 26 Mar 2006
Posts: 2407
Location: United States
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 4:00 pm Reply with quote
Yeah. Hopefully the author of this will develop those girls better, unlike how sloppily handled Kirito and Asuna are believed to be by the rest of the fandom/internet. I would love to read more about Silica. She's my fave.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Vaisaga



Joined: 07 Oct 2011
Posts: 13230
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:11 pm Reply with quote
Don't care all that much about Asuna, so I love that my 3 favourite girls are getting their own manga. I'll definitely be reading it.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message My Anime
FLAZE35



Joined: 24 Mar 2013
Posts: 85
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:12 pm Reply with quote
So...basically a story for all the other girls in Kirito's harem who appeared in the anime and aren't dead.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 18222
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 5:17 pm Reply with quote
Pretty much. But there was an awful lot of fan clamoring for stuff like this as the TV series was airing, and the story certainly left room for spin-offs like this.

I'll certainly take a look at this if it gets picked up for American release. (I don't do scanlations for mainstream fare.)
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
P€|\||§_|\/|ast@



Joined: 14 Feb 2006
Posts: 3498
Location: IN your nightmares
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:01 pm Reply with quote
Yaay, Silica. Yeah I really liked her too. So I wonder what's the likelihood of this manga being adapted into an anime? I'm sure as long as a production studio is willing to adapt something, and think it will be a worthwhile venture, they would. But how does that work with a work of another artist that didn't create the title it's based off of?

Also from the looks of the image, Silica is playing as a Cait Sith :3
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail My Anime
Setsura1



Joined: 31 Aug 2012
Posts: 261
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:07 pm Reply with quote
Awesome! Asuna is my fav, but these girls are right behind her (especially Lizbeth)! Can't wait!
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
switchgear1131



Joined: 14 Mar 2013
Posts: 219
PostPosted: Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:14 pm Reply with quote
Past wrote:
Yaay, Silica. Yeah I really liked her too. So I wonder what's the likelihood of this manga being adapted into an anime? I'm sure as long as a production studio is willing to adapt something, and think it will be a worthwhile venture, they would. But how does that work with a work of another artist that didn't create the title it's based off of?

Also from the looks of the image, Silica is playing as a Cait Sith :3


Yes, by the LN Silica is supposed to be playing a Cait Sith. I believe she is shown in the last episode of the anime as a Cait Sith
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Kreion



Joined: 02 Jan 2013
Posts: 332
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 4:20 am Reply with quote
How little do I care about another 'cute-girls-doing-cute-things' manga -.- Even the fact that it is for a series I enjoy doesn't make me want to read it, so this news is not that interesting...For those claiming it will develop the character? It's not exactly cannon, so nothing of merit is going to happen to them regardless.

But if this was adapted into an anime I would want to shoot myself, to adapt something like this over GGO would be...I don't even have words to describe how terrible an idea.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
jojothepunisher



Joined: 04 Sep 2007
Posts: 799
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 7:42 am Reply with quote
Yes, please give the sister more development


.....................................................................................



in her massive breasts
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 18222
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:22 am Reply with quote
Kreion wrote:
But if this was adapted into an anime I would want to shoot myself, to adapt something like this over GGO would be...I don't even have words to describe how terrible an idea.

I saw somewhere in the last couple of days that average sales figures for SAO volumes have been well into the five-digit range (I want to say even as high as 25k, but I might be misremembering), and there's still a lot of material available to do, so I'd be shocked if we don't see more story arcs animated eventually.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
RyanSaotome



Joined: 29 Mar 2011
Posts: 4210
Location: Towson, Maryland
PostPosted: Wed Apr 10, 2013 9:25 am Reply with quote
Key wrote:
Kreion wrote:
But if this was adapted into an anime I would want to shoot myself, to adapt something like this over GGO would be...I don't even have words to describe how terrible an idea.

I saw somewhere in the last couple of days that average sales figures for SAO volumes have been well into the five-digit range (I want to say even as high as 25k, but I might be misremembering), and there's still a lot of material available to do, so I'd be shocked if we don't see more story arcs animated eventually.


Its averaging 37k per volume, good enough for 3rd best selling anime of 2012.

But yeah, a sequel is all but guaranteed. They're going to milk this for all its worth.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address
fastandman



Joined: 20 Apr 2008
Posts: 58
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:48 am Reply with quote
Yai, i get to see more of Lisbeth Anime smile
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message
Key
Moderator


Joined: 03 Nov 2003
Posts: 18222
Location: Indianapolis, IN (formerly Mimiho Valley)
PostPosted: Thu Apr 11, 2013 11:59 am Reply with quote
RyanSaotome wrote:
Its averaging 37k per volume, good enough for 3rd best selling anime of 2012.

Ah, yes, that was what I was referring to. Thanks for reposting the link, as I had lost track of where I saw it on Monday.

That listing is some interesting reading. The high placement of some of those series surprises me, but I find just as interesting how dramatically the DVD/BR distribution varies from title to title, from Girls und Panzer being 97% BR to Magi being only 36% BR. Seems like there's a strong positive correlation between how much of a hard-core otaku title a series is and how high its BR percentage is.
Back to top
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Display posts from previous:   
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

 


Powered by phpBB © 2001, 2005 phpBB Group