• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Media Blasters Adds Kanokon Original Video Anime in June

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
SaiyanHero16

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:20 pm Reply with quote
English dub of Punie chan? Excellent!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Shay Guy

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:54 pm Reply with quote
Fox, not Wolf.
SonicRenegade84

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 6:58 pm Reply with quote
Another Kanokon? No thanks.

Dub of Punie-chan? So if we're going by the rule, then Punie-Chan actually sold copies? Wow. But awesome, this is an awesome show!
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
batou37

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:04 pm Reply with quote
We get this and still no Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei release?!? Unforgivable. I've been wanting to see it for a long time now and each time I see Media Blasters news I read it as "Media Blasters has announced (excited...finally it's the day).......(ugh aw damnit. ) Mad
lumcolette93

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:07 pm Reply with quote
batou37 wrote:
We get this and still no Sayonara Zetsubou-Sensei release?!? Unforgivable. I've been wanting to see it for a long time now and each time I see Media Blasters news I read it as "Media Blasters has announced (excited...finally it's the day).......(ugh aw damnit. ) Mad

Exactly, is been a year since then and they didn't even mention about it either... =(
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:20 pm Reply with quote
I'm just hoping they pick up Ladies Versus Butlers on BluRay. If Kanokon sells well, it's easy to plug the two together since they're the same director, same studio, same concept, and same designs.
Blood-
Bargain Hunter

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 7:33 pm Reply with quote
Y'all can thank me for the dub of Punie-chan. I finally got around to ordering the sub-only version recently so OF COURSE that's when MB decides to announce a dub.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:17 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
I'm just hoping they pick up Ladies Versus Butlers on BluRay. If Kanokon sells well, it's easy to plug the two together since they're the same director, same studio, same concept, and same designs.

That one will likely go to Section23/Sentai since its alot tamer than Kanokon. I also see Ladies VS Bulters getting dubbed by Seraphrim.
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 8:31 pm Reply with quote
lumcolette93 wrote:
batou37 wrote:

Exactly, is been a year since then and they didn't even mention about it either... =(

Maybe the dropped it and don't want to tell us because they fear the fan's rage? Anime hyper

But ya, I'm upset that they still haven't given us any news. It was suppose to have been out almost a year ago. =/
walw6pK4Alo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:00 pm Reply with quote
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

That one will likely go to Section23/Sentai since its alot tamer than Kanokon. I also see Ladies VS Bulters getting dubbed by Seraphrim.

Maybe it is tamer, but it has far more nudity.
GrilledEelHamatsu

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 9:10 pm Reply with quote
walw6pK4Alo wrote:
GrilledEelHamatsu wrote:
walw6pK4Alo wrote:

Maybe it is tamer, but it has far more nudity.

That shouldn't be a problem.
marcos torres toledo

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:17 pm Reply with quote
Glad to see that Media Blasters is picking up stuff from the now defunt Central Park Media I hope they also pick up from ADV that also defunt as well. Very Happy
Rukiia

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:19 pm Reply with quote
marcos torres toledo wrote:
Glad to see that Media Blasters is picking up stuff from the now defunt Central Park Media I hope they also pick up from ADV that also defunt as well. Very Happy

Oh God, no! Then we'll never see those titles get released until 10 years later. D:

I only have faith in Funimation and Section23.
Dark Absol

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 10:39 pm Reply with quote
Since I like ecchi anime, so of course, I'll get Kanokon OVAs. Glad to year the announcement about it, though, I'm disappointed about nothing about Zetsubou-Sensei...
bored-otaku

PostPosted: Tue Mar 08, 2011 11:40 pm Reply with quote
Rukiia wrote:
lumcolette93 wrote:
batou37 wrote:

Maybe the dropped it and don't want to tell us because they fear the fan's rage? Anime hyper

But ya, I'm upset that they still haven't given us any news. It was suppose to have been out almost a year ago. =/

Actually, I asked Media Blasters about it and they said that it wasn't dropped. Unfortunately, they said that a release date hasn't been set yet, but they hope to get out on the streets before the year's up.

It's also important to mention that Sayonara Zetsubou Sensei was licensed back in February of 2009! So they've been sitting on this license for over two years.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3