• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Paradise Kiss Trailer

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dormcat
Encyclopedia Editor

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 12:06 pm Reply with quote
ParaKisu after HachiKuro? Surely NOITAMINA has put a lot of effort on older shoujo / josei market. A must see.

Somehow I feel casting Yu Yamada, a model instead of a career seiyuu, could hint a possible live action in the future, for her image and height (170 cm) fits in quite well.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number My Anime My Manga
RadicaLElly

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 2:43 pm Reply with quote
That wasn't really as much of a trailer as much as it was a barely animated version of the pictures they already have all over the website.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger ICQ Number
Emil Scherbe

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 4:53 pm Reply with quote
One of sponsor Wieder puts their products in Hachikuro.
Now we see they even puts in Paradise Kiss trailer.

It's so annoying.
holl.e.rama

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:13 pm Reply with quote
Well, the trailer wasn't so great, but I was more excited that I got to hear part of Tommy's new song. I can't wait to see ParaKiss though. (and it would be nice if they had a live action, and since the NANA movie is doing really well, it's not impossible)
DarkTenshi90

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 5:17 pm Reply with quote
The trailer wasn't the best, it was etchy, barely animated, but the music was nice. Anime smile I have recently just gotten into Paradise Kiss and I love it. I'm psyched to the series! Anime exclamation
Coffeeman

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 8:41 pm Reply with quote
The trailer was here and there.

The main image of Catherine and George wasn't so great... But the incidentals of Miwako, Isabella, and Arashi really looked incredible!

I can't wait for this, even if it only follows the manga storyline!
Kuroki

PostPosted: Fri Sep 23, 2005 9:11 pm Reply with quote
I knew it was too much to ask for them to use Velvet Goldmine music for the series. But I'm glad the trailer came out. I was getting nervous waiting for it.
wao

PostPosted: Sat Sep 24, 2005 2:56 am Reply with quote
Wasn't Noitamina meant to be aimed at a josei audience? Their intention, after all, was to cater to people who don't normally watch anime (i.e. they don't care about otaku).

I really can't wait to see the OP of this show though. The full animated opening sequence... The one for Beck really, seriously kicked ass - I really loved the video, and I wonder if it'll bej ust as cool for this one. HachiKuro did have some rather interesting OPs (I realy liked the food one!), I hope they put in the same effort for ParaKiss.
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1