• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
PR: Maiden Japan Announces License of Royal Space Force : The Wings of Honneamise

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Chrno2

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 11:09 am Reply with quote
HOT DAMN!!! IT'S ABOUT TIME!!!

This is excellent news!!

I was just thinking about this sometime end of last week hoping that someone would license this film. Thing is I was thinking of Discotek doing the licensing.

Right now our library is in the process of withdrawing all of our VHS tapes that have either been replaced [or need to be replaced] on DVD. We currently have a copy of Honneamise on VHS from a past donation. So it's kept as a non-circ video. All VHS tapes in our collection that are considered rare are in the process of being sent out to be digitized for academic use. I just had a discussion with one of the librarians about the process and to keep me in the loop of giving input on certain anime or animation we should keep that hasn't been released on DVD. I can also keep an eye out for any of those titles should they show up on DVD. I had this discussion yesterday and out of the corner of my eye I could see the tape sitting there waiting to be reviewed by the head librarian of what they plan to keep and send out to be digitized.

All I can say is what were the chances that this news would come through and land on my desk. Talk about coincidence. Thank you Maid in Japan!

One question how will this release be done? Will we get a combo release in one case or two separate releases? Bandai Visual USA did a combo but we all know the deal with that expensive release.
dragonrider_cody

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:27 pm Reply with quote
The bluray and DVD are seperate releases. They have already been solicited.
Key

PostPosted: Fri Jun 28, 2013 1:39 pm Reply with quote
Good. This is one of the anime classics - the kind of thing that should regularly be put back in circulation.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Page 1 of 1