• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
NEWS: Voice Actress Rie Tanaka's Agency Responds After Disrupted Neptunia Event

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Stark700

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:39 am Reply with quote
I hope she gets better well soon. Shame this had to happen...
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
mewpudding101
Industry Insider

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:52 am Reply with quote
Knew she was OK physically, but I hope she'll be OK mentally... I tweeted my support to her. Poor girl. I hope Yamadera takes good care of her in her time of need. NOBODY HURTS MITSURU KIRIJO AND GETS AWAY WITH IT.
ximpalullaorg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 10:58 am Reply with quote
Sadly, I think she'll never partecipate in any event from now on, due to this.
Cecilthedarkknight_234

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:15 am Reply with quote
Damn.. this is really saddening. I just hate it that one crazy fan can ruin it for the rest of us.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
MrTerrorist

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:32 am Reply with quote
Damm that knife wielding asshole.

I hope Rie gets better after this incident and her hubby Kouichi helps her deal with this.
phoenixalia

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 11:52 am Reply with quote
I'm not a fan of this game/event/anime nor am I familiar with this seiyuu but man, this stinks. Mad
Poor her! I hope she recovers both physically and mentally and the psychopath who did this to her is punished.
WANNFH

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Knew she was OK physically, but I hope she'll be OK mentally... I tweeted my support to her. Poor girl. I hope Yamadera takes good care of her in her time of need.

I fully agree with those words and support this opinion. Rie Tanaka - one of the most popular and great voice actors, and I like many fans of her and her characters, I wouldn't want this blasphemy situation is somehow influence her work and relationship to the fans. The man who did it crossed the line and will be punished. She needs time to settle down and throw the situation out of her head - and those who engaged in the protection of this event should learn a lesson from all this. I hope that her husband supports her in this difficult situation.

Don't give up, Rie-san. Those fans who accept you for who you are will always be with you.

Last edited by WANNFH on Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
Banjo

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 12:44 pm Reply with quote
this sux
Snomaster1
Subscriber

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:24 pm Reply with quote
It sounds like Ms. Tanaka's going to need a lot of therapy after something like this. Thankfully,she'll live. There have been numerous incidents of lunatics stalking stars. Both singer John Lennon and actress Rebecca Schaffer were killed by obsessed fans. Another actress,Theresa Saldana,was almost killed by one. John Hinkley tried to kill President Reagan to impress Jodie Foster.
I've got a feeling this guy's been stalking her for a long time. I hope the anti-stalking laws are good in Japan. This guy deserves to go away for a long,long time.
Hypeathon

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 1:46 pm Reply with quote
mewpudding101 wrote:
Knew she was OK physically, but I hope she'll be OK mentally... I tweeted my support to her. Poor girl. I hope Yamadera takes good care of her in her time of need. NOBODY HURTS MITSURU KIRIJO AND GETS AWAY WITH IT.

Yamadera should just do what one of his iconic characters did. Get a trench coat, a spaceship, and raid the place the knife wielding guy is in like a badass while playing the Real Folk Blues. Bang!

Seriously though. Yeah, not a fan of Neptunia, but that whole thing was indeed dumb and out of left field. I don't get what was up with the guy that brought the knife and came on stage like that.
MoonPhase1

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 2:51 pm Reply with quote
*sigh* 1st it was Kuroko's Basketball and now its Hyperdimension Neptunia The Animation even though the situations are a little different, but still a pain.

As a fan of Hyperdimension Neptunia and more importantly a fan of Rie Tanaka, I just want to show as much support as I can for her and just hope this guy gets lots of punishments for doing this.

All I can say is that these events need some tight security.
mdo7

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 3:36 pm Reply with quote
I'm glad to see she's OK and not a really serious injuries problem. I don't know if she can recover from this incident mentally. I hope the police can get to the bottom and find out what was the motive for the dude for bringing the knife to the event.
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
Urban Flow

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:08 pm Reply with quote
Wow what a crazy ass weaboo.
Mohawk52

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 5:14 pm Reply with quote
Takes all kinds to make a world and some mothers still do have 'em. (has the Stones "Give me Shelter" playing inside his mind). Hope Ms Tanaka recovers soon, and don't let the shaft grapling bastards win.
mistress_kisara

PostPosted: Sun Jun 23, 2013 6:33 pm Reply with quote
Damn crazy ass, I'll be praying for her Crying or Very sad
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2