• remind me tomorrow
  • remind me next week
  • never remind me
Subscribe to the ANN Newsletter • Wake up every Sunday to a curated list of ANN's most interesting posts of the week. read more

Forum - View topic
INTEREST: Ultra Street Fighter IV Game Unveiled in 1st Trailer

Goto page 1, 2  Next

Note: this is the discussion thread for this article

Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:04 am Reply with quote
So, they're making it both a DLC add-on AND a separate disc for new owners? Could it be that Capcom did something right for once?

Of course, people are going to cry "CAPCOM DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US" for something. Most-likely a character from an older SF game not being included.
NoirSon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:47 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:
So, they're making it both a DLC add-on AND a separate disc for new owners? Could it be that Capcom did something right for once?

Of course, people are going to cry "CAPCOM DOESN'T CARE ABOUT US" for something. Most-likely a character from an older SF game not being included.

Eh, technically the 4 they announced are characters that Capcom had in the recent Street Fighter X Tekken game. So they aren't exactly breaking their backs to add them and between the other add on updates, I think they might have charged enough to get 2 times or more of the original game's cost.
Panon

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 12:48 am Reply with quote
Animeking1108 wrote:

Arcade Edition was released in the same way.
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:01 am Reply with quote
Panon wrote:
Animeking1108 wrote:

Arcade Edition was released in the same way.

After the "Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3" incident, some would ignore that.
kanechin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 4:16 am Reply with quote
*bought SSF4 AE 7 months ago*

capcom, I hate you.
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:02 am Reply with quote
I was just about to buy Super Street Fighter IV, but then I see this. Why the hell does Capcom keep updating and releasing the SF games? How many II Alphas have we had?

From now on, I'm waiting until the final version is made (which is when Street Fighter V is released.
j Talbain

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 7:42 am Reply with quote
They refitted the 4 characters from SFXTekken. They will have new moves and new ultra's. And If you buy the Disc version Capcom is giving you every character costume from every release.

Legit I own SE of SFIV I own SSFIV and The Anniversary Set. I'll download Ultra like I did AE. And TBH I'm ok with this. They keep life in the game. People have already forgotten about MK9.
Chagen46

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 8:33 am Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
I was just about to buy Super Street Fighter IV, but then I see this. Why the hell does Capcom keep updating and releasing the SF games? How many II Alphas have we had?

From now on, I'm waiting until the final version is made (which is when Street Fighter V is released.

Rebalancing and adding new characters. There's a semi-legit reason for all of this, but it only matters to competitive/hardcore players.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 10:13 am Reply with quote
As a big Street Fighter fan, I'm totally okay with the download upgrade option. I upgraded my copy of SSFIV to SSFIVAE the same way. It's no different from any other DLC, but this is a big DLC!

If I had to buy the whole game again, like I did back in the II Turbo days, I'd be pissed, but this doesn't bother me at all.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
Animeking1108

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 11:53 am Reply with quote
kanechin wrote:
*bought SSF4 AE 7 months ago*

capcom, I hate you.

Did you not pay attention to the download upgrade option?
the-antihero

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:02 pm Reply with quote
Chagen46 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

From now on, I'm waiting until the final version is made (which is when Street Fighter V is released).

Rebalancing and adding new characters. There's a semi-legit reason for all of this, but it only matters to competitive/hardcore players.

Yeah but once the final version is out and you already have the previous ones, you won't be playing them ever again, you'll just be using the last one to have come out until the disk wears out while the others just collect dust.
VORTIA
Subscriber

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:13 pm Reply with quote
the-antihero wrote:
Chagen46 wrote:
the-antihero wrote:

From now on, I'm waiting until the final version is made (which is when Street Fighter V is released).

Yeah but once the final version is out and you already have the previous ones, you won't be playing them ever again, you'll just be using the last one to have come out until the disk wears out while the others just collect dust.

Or you, y'know, download the upgrade and keep playing with the disk you have, like I've been doing for almost a year now.
View user's profile Send private message AIM Address Yahoo Messenger My Anime My Manga
nhat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 2:19 pm Reply with quote
This is pretty awesome, I like SF4 and having new content rejuvenate the metagame.
Zin5ki

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 3:24 pm Reply with quote
Ladies and gentlemen, pick your poison! I avow that I already have.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website My Anime My Manga
configspace

PostPosted: Mon Jul 15, 2013 5:36 pm Reply with quote
The nice thing is that the PC version is releasing at the same time. That means special mods for Elena and Poison Twisted Evil

Zin5ki wrote:
Ladies and gentlemen, pick your poison! I avow that I already have.

It's a trap!
Reply to topic    Anime News Network Forum Index -> Site-related -> Talkback All times are GMT - 5 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2